William Meyers

View William Meyers' Comments BY TICKER:

• Gilead Beats And Raises: Thinking Through The Future Of Its Business And Its Stock Price [View article]
    Long Gilead for a long time. $5.7 billion cash flow from operations in a single quarter. Ability to make acquisitions or accelerate stock buy backs or increase the dividend. I don't think Gilead was just lucky buying the Hep C assets. I think Gilead will continue to be a growth stock, but of course the growth comes at intervals when new therapies gain approval.
    Jul 29, 2015. 02:23 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Inovio's dMAb Technology: A Medical Revolution Worth Investing In [View article]
    Inovio Pharmaceuticals' DNA-Based Monoclonal Antibody Protects Animals Against Lethal Challenge. Very exciting first data showing the dMAb technology works well in mice.

Jul 29, 2015. 02:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Agenus Can Continue To Rise After Doubling [View article]
    Today GSK announced that Mosquirix vaccine for malaria received a positive opinion in Europe. Now to the World Health Organization, then each malaria nation in Africa needs to approve it. One ingredient is Agenus Stimulon, for which Agenus will eventually obtain a milestone payment and a tiny royalty. Not a big money maker, but it should build confidence in Agenus's diverse potential product line built on their knowledge of immunology.
    Jul 24, 2015. 12:51 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Epizyme Partnership With Celgene Makes It Worth A Look [View article]
    Thanks for the comments. Today Epizyme dropped 9.4% to 22.13 on a downgrade from H.C. Wainwright. They added no new data, just an opinion. It just shows how early stage biotechnology stock pricing is a matter of opinion, and how risky it can be to invest even in good companies if you cannot wait for the long run (which has its own risks). I still like EPZM, still have not bought any, partly just still comparing it to other opportunities.
    Jul 20, 2015. 04:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Trans World Entertainment Has Upside Potential [View article]
    Trans World has a growth category called Trend, which is physical items like T-shirts that are associated with music & other entertainment. This category had same store comp sales up 26.5% y/y in Q1.
    Jul 9, 2015. 06:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Celgene Rapid Growth Is Still Ahead For 2016 Through 2020 [View article]
    I expected some disappointment about my end-of-2015 number. I don't disagree with you, but my point was showing the long-term value over whatever number we might have on a given day. In the short run worries about Greece, China, a fed rate increase, or just about anything might overcome the obvious long term value.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I appreciate it.
    Jul 9, 2015. 04:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Crossroads: Successful Dot Hill suit could prevent company from doing business [View news story]
    Crossroads had some good tech and lived off patent suits for years, but unfortunately never got traction selling their own products. Dot Hill has good traction in sales and lots of patents. Both were in trouble around 2005 and were comeback plays. HILL's strategy for innovation and selling new products worked out better than CRDS's. Long HILL.
    Jul 6, 2015. 04:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • United Therapeutics Appears Undervalued [View article]
    I appreciate your comment and the update on your thoughts.
    Jun 23, 2015. 05:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • United Therapeutics Appears Undervalued [View article]
    My conclusion was that despite my seeing it as still undervalued, I did not like the pipeline enough to buy it myself. This company has many positives, which could make it a buy for investors using different criteria than I do. In addition, if I see changes in the pipeline, of course I could change my mind and acquire some. But thanks for the feedback.
    Jun 23, 2015. 05:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Juno Therapeutics: The Future Of CAR-T Innovation [View article]
    Interesting but tricky looking science. Success depends on many links working together. I will be very interested in seeing future Phase 2 results, but $5 billion is a lot of market cap even with passable Phase 2 results. Thanks for bringing this company to my attention.
    Jun 20, 2015. 04:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Biotech Finally In A Bubble? [View article]
    Your best point is about the Nifty Fifty. It might be interpreted as saying buy the IBB, we can't know which small cap will be the next Walmart equivalent. But many innovative small caps (micros, really) are not even in the IBB; I own a couple of them. I believe that given patent protection and the need for FDA/EMA approvals, that well-run science based companies can be chosen that will produce superior returns as their pipelines mature. Studying the individual stocks and understanding the science as well as the economics is the path to returns on investment (but it is time consuming). There are plenty of biotechs I think are overpriced, but I believe (it is my analysis) that there are still many that are underpriced if you can plan even 3 to 5 years ahead.
    Jun 20, 2015. 02:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why You Should Go Long Xilinx [View article]
    Nice article. I am long Xilinx because I believe FPGAs are better suited than CPUs to solving many computational problems that will arise in the future. Also, Xilinx and Altera both made FPGAs much easier to program in the last 2 years, allowing for broader adoption. If Intel does as well with FPGAs as it has with smartphone chips, Xilinx is about to enter an era of rapid growth.
    Jun 9, 2015. 03:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sanofi And Regeneron's Other Potential Blockbuster [View article]
    Short term you might be right, but long term REGN is still a buy. I wish I had bought earlier, but I bought in June 2014 and again in February this year, taking advantage of dips, and I am happy with the results. The problem with pipelines is that they are not guaranteed. On the other hand I have at times undervalued pipelines and so missed opportunities.
    Jun 5, 2015. 12:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dot Hill And Nimble Storage: Comparing Growth And Risk [View article]
    Dot Hill at HP Discover event: http://bit.ly/1FW4V9G
    Jun 4, 2015. 10:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Marvell Technology: Can FLC Return It To Growth? [View article]
    Good spot Ashraf. That's what happens when you depend too much on automated proofing and spell checking.
    Jun 2, 2015. 06:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment