William Rudder

View William Rudder's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple Is A Luxury Brand And That Is The Problem [View article]
    I think the argument that the watch costs $349 plus the cost of a phone is just a little over the top. Nobody is going to buy an iPhone just to enable use of the watch. They will buy the watch as a supplement to the iPhone.
    Sep 10 04:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric Just Hit A Home Run [View article]
    I'm content with the valuation GE received. Not doing cartwheels, but generally okay with it. We knew the value was in the brand.
    Sep 8 11:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Maybe You Shouldn't Pay Off Your Mortgage [View article]
    I'm pretty sure TX has fairly high property taxes compared to other states...
    Sep 2 04:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Battle For Family Dollar Exposes Dollar Stores' Desperate Struggle For Survival [View article]
    I agree with the argument that cash flow must be properly managed in order to structure the debt required to finance a deal like this. I get a little lost in the argument over TTM earnings and FCF numbers. Some are annual and others are quarterly, and all of them vary by quarter. And if I'd never purchased anything costing more than my own TTM earnings, maybe it would make more sense. At least the competitors listed here make more sense than the article claiming Amazon would destroy the dollar store sector.

Long DLTR since 1/2013. Trailing stop in place.
    Aug 26 11:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Windstream Retains Neutral Thesis As Performance Stays Poor In Second Quarter [View article]
    I also held for several years, but sold the day they made the REIT announcement. I didn't get the top, but around $12.65 and figured I could take a two year dividend in one day and then decide if I wanted to get back in. The jury is still out.
    Aug 25 12:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I'm just trying to make sure I get this right. The stock is currently at $11.35 but has a $7.25 price target on it (36% overvalued) and this is neutral.
    Aug 25 11:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Altria Increases Quarterly Dividend by 8.3% to $0.52 per Common Share [View article]
    BAM!
    Aug 21 12:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GE's Continued Divestitures Provide Investor Upside [View article]
    The appliance division is estimated to be worth roughly $2 billion, or 5.25x last year's earnings. GE additionally spent somewhere in the neighborhood of $1 billion to modernize and grow the division in the last couple years. Although I understand the decision for the sale, I don't really call that a premium.
    Aug 20 05:00 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: The Short Of The Decade? [View article]
    Maybe those are non-GAAP numbers?
    Aug 19 12:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla: The Short Of The Decade? [View article]
    Recommending a straight short here is pretty ballsy. Executing it would be even more so. I watch this stock pretty regularly, but I am not in this pool.
    Aug 19 12:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Family Dollar/Dollar Tree Combination Still Too Small To Survive [View article]
    I appreciate the read, but I see the niche a little differently. When Amazon starts accepting coupons and EBT, I'll reconsider keeping Dollar Tree in my portfolio.
    Aug 2 03:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Windstream REIT Spin-Off [View article]
    It all depends on how many shorts might even be left with today's 18x volume. I'm pretty sure one of them bought my shares this morning, so, ummm... Thanks!
    Jul 29 09:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Windstream REIT Spin-Off [View article]
    Nope. Bounced out early this morning, put 10% back into long puts for some icing and will be all clear by the end of the day. I will reevaluate this stock once the dust settles.
    Jul 29 02:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Can We Ever Really Retire? Why Americans Stink At Math [View article]
    The "4" in "¼," larger than the "3" in "⅓," led them astray.

Are you KIDDING me????? :::reaching for another dose of heartburn meds:::

But I do agree with your premise...
    Jul 29 02:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Trade That Netted Me More Than A 2,000% Return [View article]
    Congrats on a great move. Now go get the next one.
    Jul 29 01:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment