William Rudder

View William Rudder's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple sees downgrade, defenders following FQ3 report; shares -5.1% [View news story]
    Wow, this is terrible. So this news has caused the stock to plummet all the way to where it was seven trading days ago? Clearly the end for Apple.
    Jul 22, 2015. 02:15 PM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America Remains A Poor Investment [View article]
    I appreciate your willingness to go against the grain with your title and argument on this one. But your comments seem to infer that trading is somehow a bad thing. One can purchase a stock with a long-term view and yet change their mind when events occur and the market changes. Being focused on consistently making good choices with current data is probably more important than trying to time tops and bottoms or worry about short-term vs. long-term gains. Just make money.
    Jul 17, 2015. 04:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: A Missed Opportunity [View article]
    If INTC is this far ahead of AMD on the move from 14nm to 10nm, how much will the gap widen on the next move?
    Jul 16, 2015. 12:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Of My Favorite Dividend Growth Stocks Trading At A Discount [View article]
    That would make some sense, thanks...
    Jul 14, 2015. 01:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Of My Favorite Dividend Growth Stocks Trading At A Discount [View article]
    I'm not clear on why the charts use different discount rates. You do state that you use 9-11% depending on the risk, but some show 8-10% while others are 10-12%. Is this based on the risk of the individual stock or on the market? If it's a SWAG that's not a problem, I'm just trying to figure it out. Also, I am unclear why the chart for KO provides different data compared to the others. Thanks...
    Jul 14, 2015. 11:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Game Publishers Will Go Digital, Making GameStop Waste Away While Gamers Rejoice [View article]
    I disagree that download prices are high because retailers demand publishers keep them equal to physical copy prices. A publisher will charge the maximum possible price for the game regardless of how it is distributed. They don't sacrifice margin just because some consumers prefer to download games.

Next, I do agree that downloaded content will become more of a factor in the future. However, most authors simply write off the fact that GME has a management team that is well aware of that fact. Assuming they will simply repeat the mistakes of Blockbuster by failing to see the threat and refusing to adapt their business model is probably not accurate.
    Jun 26, 2015. 11:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Cash Dilemma [View article]
    Worst problem ever.
    Jun 22, 2015. 09:32 PM | 27 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rebuttal: Bank Of America Offers A Lot Of Value To Investors [View article]
    Once again, a heartfelt thank you goes out to the vocal BAC bears who enabled me to build my current position at what I consider bargain prices. I do not love the company and will sell the minute that suits my purposes better than holding. But you didn't have to be a genius to figure out that BAC would be around longer than Eric Holder.
    Jun 19, 2015. 11:44 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Credit Spreads Say Bank Of America Is Not Too Big To Fail [View article]
    I get it, and I don't disagree. The apples humor was probably lost in the 10-key translation.
    Jun 11, 2015. 11:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    If I were loaning money to these two companies, those charts are probably fairly representative of what I would expect the analysis to show. I might not have connected the dots to the concept of "too big to fail," so I find that to be an interesting angle.

However, I want to find some kind of reference about comparing apples to... You get the idea.
    Jun 10, 2015. 04:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America's High Intrinsic Value [View article]
    Bottom line -- the dividend had nowhere to go but up and Eric Holder had to find another lawsuit ATM eventually.

I'm not in love with this company and will sell the moment it suits my purposes. However, "BAC is dead money" has been the rallying cry of a small but vocal minority for quite some time. I appreciate their efforts to keep the price low so I could build my current position.
    Jun 4, 2015. 10:33 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The No. 1 Stock In The World - Part 3 [View article]
    You people are the Diet Coke of evil. Just one calorie, not evil enough.
    Jun 3, 2015. 07:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Real Winner From The Pacquiao Vs. Mayweather Fight Is RCI Hospitality [View article]
    Recommend submitting a revision to spell Pacquiao's name correctly. Then the real question becomes how many of these packages were actually sold? Yes, the cable companies charged a premium for all bars or restaurants that showed it. Yes, management will do a cost/benefit analysis to determine if they want to show it. If it was sufficiently advertised, it likely increased traffic on that day. The packages were not cheap, but open bar packages never are.

My local sports bar chose to show it with no cover charge, and they had about 4x normal sales that night -- a clear win for the owner. However, one big night doesn't define an entire quarter. It is a positive event, but I'm a little more interested in future expansion efforts and the stock buyback plan. So thanks for discussing the loan rates and lawsuit resolution.

Long RICK for several years and holding.
    Jun 3, 2015. 10:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Making Promiscuous Profits With RCI Hospitality [View article]
    Thanks. It makes sense but just wanted to know where to start looking for the info...
    May 18, 2015. 03:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Making Promiscuous Profits With RCI Hospitality [View article]
    The discussion about restructuring portfolio debt at 9-13% down to 5-6%... Was that in the conference call?
    May 18, 2015. 02:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment