William Rudder

View William Rudder's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Making Promiscuous Profits With RCI Hospitality [View article]
    Thanks. It makes sense but just wanted to know where to start looking for the info...
    May 18, 2015. 03:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Making Promiscuous Profits With RCI Hospitality [View article]
    The discussion about restructuring portfolio debt at 9-13% down to 5-6%... Was that in the conference call?
    May 18, 2015. 02:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America: Too Big (And Failing) [View article]
    One year returns for the three stocks: PNC 14.10%, WFC 13.44%, BAC 13.43%.

WFC and PNC do pay better dividends at this time -- not in question. But in my opinion the jury is still out concerning how the market will react 2-5 years from now as the story evolves. In the meantime, I don't mind having multiple banks in the portfolio.
    May 18, 2015. 01:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Windstream - What Really Happened? [View article]
    When the email from Investor Relations uses the word "elude" like that in the very first sentence, I immediately question more than just their vocabulary.
    May 14, 2015. 12:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What Apple's Buybacks Mean For Investors [View article]
    Recommended edit in paragraph five: change twelve to four if you want to use quarters, or keep twelve if you change quarters to months.

Otherwise, I like the distinction of how adding reported EPS numbers uses old share counts and does not adjust for recent buyback efforts.
    May 6, 2015. 03:38 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Zenith Behind Us, Nadir On The Horizon [View article]
    Samsung makes a good phone. Apple makes a good phone.

One of these companies can write a check larger than the other's market cap. Which competitor do you really want in your portfolio?
    Apr 30, 2015. 03:13 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Here's Why Apple's Huge Cash Pile Is Now One Of Its Biggest Problems [View article]
    Best. Problem. Ever.

I get both sides of this discussion -- I really do. But I'll leave figuring this out to the guys who created the problem, and I'm not going to think I can solve it better than they can. Long AAPL.
    Apr 30, 2015. 11:17 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators Has Fallen Off The Cliff [View article]
    All I can say is run your own numbers on earnings estimates while accounting for best guess legal fees and the associated bad publicity. I see a potential long-term opportunity here (especially given the options premiums referenced above), but given the way the DOJ went after BAC, I'm not in a hurry and not willing to take a large position yet. There is plenty more to come in this story...
    Apr 30, 2015. 10:44 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Domino's Pizza: Let It Cool Before Taking A Bite [View article]
    Tick, tick, tick...
    Apr 23, 2015. 02:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • MusclePharm: It's All About The Cash [View article]
    Anyone care to voice some opinions on the new corporate governance initiatives announced yesterday? It's beyond obvious that they need a management shakeup, but will this make a difference or is it too little too late? It's a shame, because their products have been decent so far.

No position, but watching closely...
    Apr 21, 2015. 02:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Caterpillar - Should I Buy The Dip? [View article]
    MG, that's a totally legit strategy. I tend to be a bit more cautious in the days leading up to an earnings announcement, but I will do some analysis throughout the day and we will see where it falls...
    Apr 17, 2015. 10:11 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Caterpillar - Should I Buy The Dip? [View article]
    I've been in and out of this one since 2009, but currently hold no position. My current buy target is right around $80, at which time I'd look at using covered calls to juice potential returns.
    Apr 16, 2015. 01:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Currency Problem Becoming More Challenging For The Company [View article]
    There's a lot of chatter here over whether or not this is an issue or even a concern going forward. If you are serious about making good decisions based on relevant facts, then you need to at least examine the issue. Currency valuations change daily, and trends will have an effect on financial statements reported in dollars. As to if this is a significant concern for investors/traders, you can only answer that for yourself.
    Mar 5, 2015. 03:37 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators' Day Of Reckoning [View article]
    So now that we have dropped from $70 to $50 to $40, the question becomes what do the no-kidding estimates on forward earnings look like?
    Mar 2, 2015. 11:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lessons From A Dozen Years Of Short Selling [View article]
    Know the potential risk, weigh it against the potential reward, and make the decision that is right for you and your portfolio. Straight and/or large short positions are typically not my thing, but I will take a hedged short position using options if the numbers justify it.
    Mar 1, 2015. 10:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment