William Rudder

View William Rudder's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Can Tesla Reach 500,000 In Vehicle Sales Or Is Dougherty & Co. Overly Optimistic? [View article]
    Go look at the Chevrolet website. That $20K price tag is off by about 35% if you get a base model.
    Aug 2, 2013. 05:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Good point on the home charging. However, most of the well-off people I know got that way by not spending money for no reason. It stands to reason that if you live near a supercharging station, you would never charge at home. Almost as if some other brand sold you a car with free gas for life as long as you fill up at their station. Thus the question about wait times. I know electricity is cheaper than gasoline, but it still isn't free -- just a question of convenience and consumer behavior.

How much will charging your Tesla nightly actually add to the average electric bill?
    Aug 2, 2013. 04:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Just one more thought... So if they WERE to sell hundreds of thousands of cars in the US, how long would that make the wait at a supercharging station?
    Aug 1, 2013. 04:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Good video at the last link. However, is that the supercharger system everyone is talking about? I'd be in no hurry to make that trip with "fuel" stops of 60 and 90 minutes.
    Aug 1, 2013. 07:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Where did you find a Chevy Spark EV listed for $19,185?
    Aug 1, 2013. 05:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple - Waiting For iGodot [View article]
    Not sure that I can agree with the idea of Apple competing in the cheap, low-end mobile market. Not that they couldn't, but rather that they shouldn't. Companies should do what they are good at doing, and Apple provides high quality products at a premium price point.

I personally avoided their products much longer than most of my peers. However, every single Apple product I have ever purchased still works just like the day it was new, and I don't think I'd ever had an MP3 player last more than 4-5 months. I don't really care what product is next in their pipeline. If it is useful to me in my daily life and built to the same standards as my other Apple products it will have a shot.
    Aug 1, 2013. 05:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BMW's I3 Electric Car Is No Threat To Tesla's Model S [View article]
    You are the first person I have seen suggest the BMW i3 could be a rival to the Tesla Model S. These two cars are so different it's not even funny.

No position in either.
    Jul 31, 2013. 08:02 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Reasons To Avoid CAT [View article]
    I only saw one reason to avoid CAT -- weakness in the mining sector. Did I miss the others?
    Jul 30, 2013. 04:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gramercy Property Trust Is Gettin' Its Turn At Bat [View article]
    Agreed. Looking to close out the August calls, but unsure how to proceed on the company from here...
    Jul 29, 2013. 07:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rebuttal: 'Is A House Really A Good Investment?' [View article]
    Great topic. But it's not really an either/or solution. Not in the real world anyway...
    Jul 26, 2013. 03:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Atlas Air: Harness Growth And Dependable Cash Flow With This Well Positioned, Undervalued Company [View article]
    I've been watching this company for a while, but unfortunately missed the opportunity we saw in early May.

Although I think the company has its merits, I don't really agree that we can call a contract to train Air Force One pilots a ringing endorsement of quality. This would imply that the government actually cares enough to put thought and effort into its work. I think it really means that management made a low-ball offer and greased the right palms to make the deal happen, and we should consider this as part of our DD.

But I will keep the company on the scope for now...
    Jul 26, 2013. 03:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Caterpillar Management Throws In The Kitchen Sink [View article]
    Was long, now on sidelines but still like the stock long-term. I was also giving it a few days to see how the market would react post-earnings, but the closer we get to $79.99 the harder it is to keep my finger off the button.
    Jul 26, 2013. 02:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Compromise Your Conviction For Dividends-A-Plenty [View article]
    Don't be scared by the recent REIT sell-off. Take in the whole picture, make an informed decision within your own personal risk limits, and hopefully I'll see you all in Florida in a couple years...
    Jul 26, 2013. 02:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A $180 Million Company Worth Less Than $0: Short Xumanii [View article]
    It's still a short at $0.29 -- we've seen this movie before...
    Jul 26, 2013. 01:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What If You Can't Live Off The Dividends? [View article]
    What? I should be responsible for myself? This is just crazy talk...
    Jul 24, 2013. 03:57 PM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment