William Rudder

View William Rudder's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Citigroup Prepares To Write Obama A $7 Billion Check; Investors Should Steer Clear [View article]
    Does anyone have a realistic estimate of the checks that BAC will willingly write to political candidates of other parties next election cycle?
    Jul 9 10:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seeking Alpha Strikes A Victory For Free Speech [View article]
    Great news. Thanks for letting us know.
    Jul 7 01:05 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Yum A Tasty Investment? [View article]
    I would argue that every company is subject to this type of risk in some form. But you are probably correct in identifying operations in China and India as potentially riskier. The continued expansion is a great opportunity, but there are significant operational and cultural considerations.
    Jul 7 10:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Yum A Tasty Investment? [View article]
    I liked YUM when they had the Chinese bird flu scare in 2013. That was obviously a temporary factor. I am currently out of the stock, and think at +$80 and under 2% yield I'll stay out for now.
    Jul 7 09:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon Has The Best Phone And May Develop The Best Ecosystem [View article]
    That is most likely the case, Gary. You should see me try to drink root beer.

Just saying the headline got my attention, and I'd have enjoyed a more thorough explanation.
    Jul 7 09:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon Has The Best Phone And May Develop The Best Ecosystem [View article]
    First, coffee about came out of my nose when I read the title. Then the article just abruptly ends before it really gets going.
    Jul 6 08:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • GoPro sees profit-taking; Ambarella higher on Garmin report [View news story]
    Like any rational person would be upset with pocketing +50% in four days.
    Jul 2 02:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America Has Been Dead Money For 20 Years: Did They Fire The Right People? [View article]
    I see your point Don, I just happen to disagree. I viewed the transparency about the accounting error as a positive event despite the short-term hit to my unrealized gains. I also see the remaining legal issues as a temporary obstacle in my long-term portfolio. I expect the bank to eventually return to paying an acceptable dividend, and I am willing to wait based on my cost and time available.

Bank of America runs a business. Laying off employees is a business decision. Would WFC or HRTG retain employees adding no value to the bottom line because they have children?

Does anyone have more current numbers on how many employees still work in this division?
    Jul 2 11:43 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Open Call To Apple Bears For Debate [View article]
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day. I'm long.
    Jul 1 04:53 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • RadioShack Is Not As Bad As Everybody Thinks [View article]
    I wish you the best, but I can't get in there yet.
    Jun 26 04:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon: Fire Phone Is A Flop [View article]
    Sell it for $50, open it to more carriers, and include two years of Amazon Prime and I might buy one. Nah, probably not...
    Jun 24 04:34 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Tax Bill Is About To Get Much, Much Bigger [View article]
    Clearly not either of us.

I just can't be upset when a company looks for legal methods to minimize their tax burden within the structure of current laws. That sounds pretty close to what most of us do every year...
    Jun 24 09:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Investors Continue To Flock To Armour [View article]
    Do our homework and know what you are getting. Yes, the yield is significantly higher than many others. If you can handle the risk, you'll get paid for it. Or you might get burned.
    Jun 23 01:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Tax Bill Is About To Get Much, Much Bigger [View article]
    Don't hate the player, hate the game...
    Jun 23 10:02 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GameStop: The Industry Is Leaving It In The Rear View Mirror [View article]
    Two thoughts after reading this article...

1. Do we assume the GME management team is unaware of the developing shift in the gaming market and takes zero action to remain relevant? I don't know what they can/will do in the future, but that is their job.
    2. Are BBBY and SHLD really the best companies we can find for legitimate comparison? My take is that GME is in a fairly unique position within the market as they are primarily focused on used games and electronics.

Bottom line is that there ARE lessons to be learned from Blockbuster, but I'm pretty sure GME is tracking the industry changes.
    Jun 17 10:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment