William Rudder

View William Rudder's Comments BY TICKER:
  • What Apple's Buybacks Mean For Investors [View article]
    Recommended edit in paragraph five: change twelve to four if you want to use quarters, or keep twelve if you change quarters to months.

Otherwise, I like the distinction of how adding reported EPS numbers uses old share counts and does not adjust for recent buyback efforts.
    May 6, 2015. 03:38 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Zenith Behind Us, Nadir On The Horizon [View article]
    Samsung makes a good phone. Apple makes a good phone.

One of these companies can write a check larger than the other's market cap. Which competitor do you really want in your portfolio?
    Apr 30, 2015. 03:13 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Here's Why Apple's Huge Cash Pile Is Now One Of Its Biggest Problems [View article]
    Best. Problem. Ever.

I get both sides of this discussion -- I really do. But I'll leave figuring this out to the guys who created the problem, and I'm not going to think I can solve it better than they can. Long AAPL.
    Apr 30, 2015. 11:17 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Currency Problem Becoming More Challenging For The Company [View article]
    There's a lot of chatter here over whether or not this is an issue or even a concern going forward. If you are serious about making good decisions based on relevant facts, then you need to at least examine the issue. Currency valuations change daily, and trends will have an effect on financial statements reported in dollars. As to if this is a significant concern for investors/traders, you can only answer that for yourself.
    Mar 5, 2015. 03:37 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I'm Increasing Apple To 30% Of My 2015 Portfolio [View article]
    As is so often the case in grammatical arguments on discussion boards...

The comments on that page are even better than on this one...
    Dec 14, 2014. 02:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I'm Increasing Apple To 30% Of My 2015 Portfolio [View article]
    The only certainty in the market is that nothing is certain. Things will change. How? I don't know. When? I don't know. I'm happy for any investor who experiences a "win," but (to quote Public Enemy) don't believe the hype.

Still long AAPL with nice unrealized gains, stops in place.
    Dec 10, 2014. 01:27 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Has To Take Bendgate Seriously [View article]
    Possible solutions:
    1. Cargo pockets
    2. Otterbox
    3. Common sense and/or personal responsibility
    Sep 26, 2014. 11:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Has To Take Bendgate Seriously [View article]
    Sitting on a phone with enough force to bend it can't be comfortable.
    Sep 26, 2014. 10:56 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Is A Luxury Brand And That Is The Problem [View article]
    I think the argument that the watch costs $349 plus the cost of a phone is just a little over the top. Nobody is going to buy an iPhone just to enable use of the watch. They will buy the watch as a supplement to the iPhone.
    Sep 10, 2014. 04:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: The Party Is Over; Initiating With A Bearish View [View article]
    Huh? I'm holding. Not adding. Not selling.
    Jul 10, 2014. 11:43 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Open Call To Apple Bears For Debate [View article]
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day. I'm long.
    Jul 1, 2014. 04:53 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Tax Bill Is About To Get Much, Much Bigger [View article]
    Clearly not either of us.

I just can't be upset when a company looks for legal methods to minimize their tax burden within the structure of current laws. That sounds pretty close to what most of us do every year...
    Jun 24, 2014. 09:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Tax Bill Is About To Get Much, Much Bigger [View article]
    Don't hate the player, hate the game...
    Jun 23, 2014. 10:02 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Stock Split: 2 Theories [View article]
    I was also curious why the 7:1 split as opposed to something easier in the math department like a 10:1 split. In my opinion, there has been a lot of focus on how to get Apple back to that $700 per share valuation we saw before the pullback. With the masses viewing Apple as a triple digit stock, anything below $100 is now going to seem like a bargain, and the 7:1 split makes it a very short trip to $100 -- we are at $92 today.

The crowd on SA obviously understands that nothing has changed, but the lower price can increase demand to some degree with smaller investors. I will be curious to observe how participation in options changes after the split...
    Jun 5, 2014. 09:37 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Seeking Alpha Authors Biased When It Comes To Apple? [View article]
    Reminds me of a movie I once saw... "They've done studies, you know. Sixty percent of the time, it works every time."

Seriously though, I thought the trend analysis was interesting and a unique idea. But the numbers just don't cut it. I'd need to see something we could correlate better than 8/13 which turns out to be, oh, around 61.5%...
    Dec 13, 2013. 04:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment