Winning Strategies

View Winning Strategies' Comments BY TICKER:
CLF, COP, CTL, DVN, ESV, HAL, JWN, NE, NOV, OXY, POT, RIG, T, TGT, VALE, VZ, WMT, XOM
  • Is Cliffs Natural Resources A Good Buy? [View article]
    Thanks for your comments, PFD. I am aware of the recent changes in the management. I was criticizing thier policies and just pointing out few reasons behind the fall of share price.
    Sep 23 08:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Cummins A Good Stock To Buy? [View article]
    Thanks, diamondjimbob.
    Sep 19 01:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Vale SA A Wise Investment? [View article]
    Thanks for reading article and for the comments. I hope Vale should perform better as per investor’s expectation. But, I still remain on the defensive side due to the fall in commodity prices.
    Jun 25 12:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Halliburton A Good Buy Over Schlumberger? [View article]
    Best of luck, MSF INVESTMENTS.

Jun 24 07:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • National Oilwell Varco: A Good Buy After Spin-Off And Gigantic Dividend Increase [View article]
    Thanks a lot, Sum02006.
    Jun 5 11:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment

Alpha Sponge. Thanks for your comments.
    Jun 4 11:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Exxon Mobil A Better Investment Than Chevron? [View article]
    Charleyman1 and The_Babe. Thanks for reading. I noticed that article which is the other author's opinion and I have a different opinion on both stocks. Hope you are enjoying different viewpoints.
    May 29 08:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Eaton And 3M Are Better Investments Than General Electric [View article]
    Thanks, Jstratt.
    May 20 03:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is CenturyLink A Better Dividend Stock Than AT&T And Verizon? [View article]
    Joni. Thanks for reading. Over the past five years, it has raised dividend by nearly 12%. With the slow growth in revenues and earnings, its cash flow growth also remains slow. I said, its free cash flows of $3 billion are enough to cover dividend payments of $2.4 billion. However, it does not offer a room for huge increases as the company is also working on buyback and other debt payments. Definitely, companies pay a dividend from free cash flows they generate.

If you look at VZ free cash flows they are twice than dividend payments, that is why I believe VZ has more potential for dividend increases than AT&T.
    May 19 02:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Transocean A Better Buy Than Ensco And Noble? [View article]
    DrGoldin. Best of luck for your perfect placement.
    May 14 02:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Transocean A Better Buy Than Ensco And Noble? [View article]
    Randyguyer is right. ATW offers no dividends that is why we cannot compare it with dividend cow's.
    May 14 01:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is ConocoPhillips A Better Buy Than Occidental Petroleum? [View article]
    I recently compared COP with OXY and DVN in two separate articles.

I am looking to compare COP with DVN in my next piece as both have reported their first quarter results. I love to follow these top rated E&P companies. Also, over the past few months, I mostly like to compare top rated companies operating in a similar industry with each other to predict which one is best. I would like to see the link you are talking about. I would like to report this issue to SA if I found something fishy.
    May 10 02:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is ConocoPhillips A Better Buy Than Occidental Petroleum? [View article]
    AnAvgJoe. Thanks for your thoughts and best of luck for both COP and OXY. We quote valuations from Morningstar.com http://bit.ly/1jc6aTs

Some companies like BG Group PLC, EOG Resources Inc, Canadian Natural Resources Ltd and Noble Energy Inc have a high PE ratio which is around the industry average.

May 10 02:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is ConocoPhillips A Better Buy Than Occidental Petroleum? [View article]
    Can you please provide link of that article. I have been comparing both companies over the past two quarters and this is the latest in that series.
    May 9 10:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Vale S.A. And Cliffs Natural Resources Good Investments? [View article]
    Yes, blah01. You are right that these are trading well below their fair values, but I mostly think like defensive investors. Vale can be good choice for one who can take risk, as these companies are experiencing difficulties in their main products line which have impact on all financial statements.
    May 8 08:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment