Xavier Alvarado

View Xavier Alvarado's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The iPhone 6 May Have A Longer Upgrade Cycle - If So, Expect Unit Sales To Fall [View article]
    good luck on your shorts! wouldn't like to be on your shoes right now.
    Dec 3, 2014. 11:23 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Take Note - Samsung Has Not Gone Away [View article]
    don't sell the ranch Michael! remember prices can remain irrational longer than a short can remain solvent. Reading your past posts, you're probably down quite a bit! My recognition for your perseverance.
    Sep 3, 2014. 03:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ConocoPhillips Worth Far More, Management's Forecasts Suggest [View article]
    Keep up the good work! thanks for your article
    Jul 18, 2013. 09:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lemonade From The Overleveraged Clear Channel Media Holdings [View article]
    Thanks for your comment. I used company reports for the lump numbers and adjusted for 'current portion' of debt.
    Jan 18, 2013. 09:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Volkswagen Steps Up To The Plate [View article]
    Good article Herve, although too exposed to the German market, I believe the ex-EU (~35% of total) sales growth will more than compensate for the drop. Best
    Jan 17, 2013. 12:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • JPMorgan Chase Is Slightly Overvalued [View article]
    Rokony don't mid this article... it is a classic example of a phony analyst that learned to use a statistical tool without knowing what it was designed for. Remember the maxim "garbage in garbage out"."
    Nov 20, 2012. 09:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • JPMorgan Chase Is Slightly Overvalued [View article]
    ... and you claim to have a Phd in physics???
    Nov 19, 2012. 03:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Marvell Technology - At These Levels Shares Are Worth The Gamble [View article]
    quick numbers... I have 12 in a choppy market with growth coming only from the wireless products
    Nov 19, 2012. 11:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo's Court Win Suggests Running Royalties May Yield $500-$600 Million [View article]
    how can you get a valuation of $245MM with $32M gain + $$ expectations? I only see those in the penny stock arena. Good luck on your gamble
    Nov 7, 2012. 02:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Baidu Is In A Storm Of Its Own [View article]
    Good article Tradevestor, thanks... lacking other ratios to value growth, I agree that the PEG ratio is a good data point for the analysis. I also see that the stock is trading on the lower bound given the growth potential in an infant Chinese market with an early stage adoption pattern + the absence of Google. BUY
    Nov 1, 2012. 12:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon Calls Out The iPad Mini: Is Apple Running Out Of Steam? [View article]
    I don't buy your analysis Ashraf... Remember who bought the lower priced Zune? nobody --I can't remember anyone- despite being a cool device doing the same trick an selling for a lower price. Pricing models need to take into account Economic Value to Customers not cost plus pricing. Apple has been great at that. Why should you kill your brand margins? moreover whats the benefit of going after lower tier brands? Should Mercedez Benz go after Subaru? I don't see the value in that
    Oct 29, 2012. 11:30 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Is Sandbagging More Than You Think [View article]
    Good job! this are monies generated and kept inside the company thus should definitely add up to the company valuation. Meaningful issue for AAPL's reporting standards. Specially in the liabilities side...
    Oct 29, 2012. 11:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Potential Long-Term Value Of Vringo Is $100 A Share [View article]
    "castles in the sky" investing my friend... good luck to you!
    Oct 29, 2012. 10:06 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chipotle: Stock Is Getting Tasty [View article]
    Great article Gestalt, thanks for sharing. I would only add that profitability margins have been improving as CMG plays into economies of scale. Pre-tax margin grew from 8.25% in 2006 to 15.5% last year, a CAGR of nearly 10% per year. Company has great liquidity position, and unlike tech companies, the success of cmg burritos don't go obsolete. I do like the stock more at the 28 P/E, although foresee it will trade on QoQ growth for the foreseeable future. Maybe a full fledge international expansion could bring back the "castles in the sky" investors.
    Oct 25, 2012. 05:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Energy, Imagination And Politics: A Toxic Cocktail For Your Portfolio [View article]
    Great article John, thanks for sharing your experience and keeping the ball rolling. I remember you called AONE demise early in the year... Q: do you think the patent portfolio holds any residual value? I read that Wanxian Group is still persuing acquiring all of A123 --not only the automotive assets as JCI. I'm one of those dreamers that believe fossil fuel remains too dirty for the future, and would like to jump into an electric car that gives us +100 mile per charge.
    Oct 18, 2012. 02:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment