Xin He

View Xin He's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why I Initiated A Position In Mattel [View article]
    I said do your own logics, by that I really mean use the numbers and make a story of your own. Most people are idiots because they only see what's happening right now. I cannot argue about the whole thing here because it is simply pointless. Most people thought GMCR was dead, especially the wall street people. And now they are cheering it up. Shall I slap their faces and tell them that they are liars? They don't need to pay for their comments. They make money for writing up stuff.
    Jul 22 06:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Initiated A Position In Mattel [View article]
    Objectively speaking, MAT's board is excellent. I always hate to see emotional or subjective comments out there. Think like a robot and you win.
    Jul 22 06:18 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Initiated A Position In Mattel [View article]
    I think every investor should do their own logics. Media are just spreading emotional things, good or bad. Worrying about positive news or negative news that might have an affect on the stock isn't going to help. I don't think toy industry will be dead, Mattel is still the biggest player in the sector. It is much like the debate that Amazon is going to kill almost all retailers. Especially after a cold winter... you are clearly being affected by emotions. Not a good time to make a call.
    Jul 22 03:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Initiated A Position In Mattel [View article]
    I think greed comes in both ways. Either higher or lower. If the price drops under 30, the dividend will spike to almost 5%...
    Jul 22 02:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Initiated A Position In Mattel [View article]
    Check your iPad Entertainment category. You will see Barbie Fasion Design Maker is on No.2 right now. When you have a strong brand, it is always possible to transplant that brand's value to other platforms when you work on it. I have heard news about Barbie the movie under development. They do need to make a change to the old traditional Barbie model, but just that Barbie itself will not simply die out.
    Jul 22 02:04 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sorry doll: Barbie's days as a Mattel mainstay could be numbered [View news story]
    better not challenge the mainstream parents ...
    Jul 19 02:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Mattel had up and downs before as well. I don't think virtual apps will replace actual toys as toy companies also come out with new innovations.
    Jul 18 05:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sohu Has A Hidden Gem [View article]
    I would say CYOU is hard to judge at this point. CYOU's downside is limited due to the structure of the online gaming market in China. CYOU has some pretty stable games and possibly some good performing ones coming down the road. On the other hand, SOHU TV's success will never nothing to do CYOU. I would recommend SOHU at this point. It's like BIDU or QUNR. Definitely BIDU.
    Jul 11 01:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sohu Has A Hidden Gem [View article]
    Apparently, those two departments are valuable asset to competitors. So, YES, they are deeply undervalued in a weird way. However, people aren't feeling ok with the fact SOHU TV is not making any profits, yet. Just like any other online video business, you need to invest a lot of money before it pays off.
    Jul 10 07:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • American Girl Goes To Canada [View article]
    Speaking of American Doll... I actually observed something far more interesting. It seems Mattel is injecting its brands into Mega Bloks. Mattel will compete with Lego directly but with different brands. I know that Mega Bloks isn't a real threat to Lego, however, as the market grows, Mega Bloks will gradually gain more market shares.
    Jul 1 11:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Baidu Will Stand Strong Amid The Deteriorating Chinese Real Estate Market [View article]
    Some people accuse Robin Li copying Google. I have asked some programmers and they have told me that Baidu's search engine algorithm isn't the same as Google. He might copied the business model, but the technology itself is the very thing that makes Robin so legendary. At a time, I thought Baidu was lack of ambition and innovation. I don't think that's the case anymore. LONG BIDU.
    Jun 6 08:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes. Your concern is understandable as well. I would try to look at Baidu vertically rather than horizontally.
    Jun 6 06:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yes. That happens sometimes. Hmm, I would say Baidu will eventually break 200 dollars per share. $250 per share within 2 years if it keeps itself right on the current track.
    Jun 6 02:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Your concern is understandable. However, I must say I disagree with you in this particular case. Baidu is a good company.
    Jun 6 02:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I personally believe that consumer spending won't be affected that much.
    Jun 6 02:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment