Xuhua Zhou

View Xuhua Zhou's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sphere 3D: Investors Falling For The Same Old Tricks, Fair Value Is Zero [View article]
    Tell Peter I don't get paid to write articles...read all my prior articles. I love the short because it's a great short. Nothing more nothing less. Feel free to manipulate it higher, I don't mind staying on it and wait for it to go to zero.

On the other side, a few things to realize. 1, no short's getting squeezed in this name. you can take the stock to 15, 25, 30.. 2, this article provides the retail investors an easy way to conduct due diligence, which most of them don't. At the end of the day, you still have to sell your shares to somebody no? Good luck with that...
    Apr 14 12:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Marc, why don't you tell Sphere's management to put out a press release to rebuff the content in the article? The instablog you posted was essentially a response from the management..at the request of seekingalpha, I reached out to the management through channel for comments. Frankly they should have done a better job than starting to change linkedin profiles....!

How do you explain Peter not disclosing his prior involvement with Biosign? It's the biggest red flag to anyone that shorts scams for a living. It's a pattern of behavior that should be alarming for anyone looking to buy into the stock. Just like the key points when I profiled UNXL, you cannot pin hope on individuals who are unreliable...or it's just a matter of time before you lose your money.
    Apr 14 12:35 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I'm happily short this stock at this level and can't wait for you to list it on nasdaq so i get better liquidity and can build a bigger short position. I don't think you can afford to pay me enough to write articles...

One more thing, just because the stock had gone up a lot and there are shorts in the stock doesn't make this any less of an appealing short to me. Instead of challenging the shortsellers, why don't you try to address any of the red flags raised in the article? If you are a happy shareholder knowing all of the above, you got a problem because you are either in on it or you should not be investing. That's all I'm saying...
    Apr 14 12:05 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Well a scam is a scam, you can list the shares on the moon it's still going back to zero..Just a matter of time.
    Apr 14 11:45 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment

it can also be borrowed at Schwab through their securities lending desk at 800-355-2448. 12% charge
    Apr 14 11:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    IB had some shares..you may have better luck with a canadian brokerage. waiting for it to go back to 0....
    Apr 14 11:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Uni-Pixel: Bright Future Promised By Clouding The Gruesome Reality For The Less Informed [View article]
    Reed resigned...Too much irony..almost exactly one year after I published the piece. Looks like this scam has finally run its course..
    Dec 30 06:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • YY: Do You Know What You Own? [View article]
    Haha thanks Justin. This stock is a complete joke...i can't believe the market values the business at this valuation..happy to short this thing and put the capital to somewhere else.
    Aug 8 12:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • YY: Do You Know What You Own? [View article]
    Fair enough. You can believe what you want to believe I suppose. I personally find it troubling given the quality of the entertainment content and the alleged amount that's spent on the platform by individuals. I came to the conclusion that the likelihood is high that some of these big spenders are not independent and legitimate customers. I'm not proving anything definitively here but merely raising the issue to the investment community. Investors should make their own determination as to whether to believe the management's story or not. I personally do not. The last point I would want to make is 2.4 billion can buy you a lot of GREAT internet property in China and YY's not one of them. The business model preys on man's ego and even if they are not reporting fraudulent numbers, the business is a fad at best..You can't expect the mainstream chinese internet users to spend all day watching scantly clothed girls talking jibberish..
    Aug 5 01:32 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • YY: Do You Know What You Own? [View article]
    Hilarious..I agree there are a lot of people with more money than what to do with; still there are a lot of ways to spend money. I find it much more likely the company is cheating investors by accounting for revenue sourced from affiliated parties than a significant amount of chinese rich people spending millions buying virtual teddy bears. Auditor and the SEC should investigate and confirm to the investors that those folks are indeed legitimate independent third party customers. It is crucial to the integrity of YY's reported revenue. I think investors need to first be aware of those situations and secondly be careful and cautious when deciding whether to believe those claims.
    Aug 5 12:00 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • YY: Do You Know What You Own? [View article]
    Ha...I don't know CFA designation does any good to somebody who cheats investors. If anything, the smarter that person is, the more concerned investors should be...I have filed complaints with the SEC on insider trading as well as potential of fraud. We'll see if the commission polices the situation or not. From my perspective, the Giant's class action is not a lapse of judgement..investors were intentionally duped.

I find it utterly stupid to compare Rick's with YY. Rick's operates physical strip clubs while YY operates virtual stuff. When you go to rick's, u get actual action...on YY, it's all virtual stuff. It's a joke to compare those two to start with. Secondly, the key here is YY claims itself to be a social network company, not a pool of strip clubs..Investors certainly should comp it with other social networking firms rather than a strip club operator. Anyone with half a brain should see the difference here and I find it pointless to further argue the issue with you. Feel free to invest in YY and I'll happily bet against you...
    Aug 4 11:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • YY: Do You Know What You Own? [View article]
    Your points are all valid. I'm merely pointing out all the issues with YY in the article. I'm not here to prove anything definitively; nor do I have the capability to do so. YY's got a lot of strangeness going on. I agree each individual one of them may be explainable but when combined together, the company's reported financials are highly suspicious. On the auditor, I'm just pointing out it's not an auditor with a perfect track record. That alone doesn't spell any guilt whatsoever but when combined with all the other red flags..it should be of concern to investors.

On the CFO...I dunno if I would call Eric a highly respected CFO. The Giant Interactive IPO was a classic bait and switch. Go read the class action and look at the history..It is not a CFO I would give a lot of credit to for having high integrity and honesty to investors. Furthermore, Friday's trading action spells loud and clear on the extent of the massive insider trading that occurred with YY. The insider traders piled in ahead of a hugely positive earnings report only to liquidate the day after. It is embarrassing to say the least.

FWIW, your comparison between Rick's and YY is completely unreasonable..Rick's is a 86 million dollar company and YY's 2.4 billion. There really isnt anything to extrapolate here.
    Aug 4 06:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • YY: Do You Know What You Own? [View article]
    Lets debunk each claim of yours. The IPO book manager means very little as we all know. Longtop was bookrun by Goldman when it went public and it turned out to be a complete scam.

Next, let's move onto the auditor. YY is audited by PricewaterhouseCoopers Zhong Tian CPAs Limited Company...this track record of this company is in fact incredibly spotty. Among its auditing clients, CMED was a notorious fraud. AMBO also turned out to be a complete scam and it is another client of Zhong Tian. Wonter Auto Tech, WATG, is another client of PWC Zhongtian...You should do a little more research before coming out saying YY's auditor has not been found any accounting problems in China...YY's auditor has A LOT of accounting problems in China!
    Aug 3 05:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • YY: Do You Know What You Own? [View article]
    It's reported via various media outlets and forum discussion when people talk about big spenders on YY. It's all in Chinese and the articles I sourced above if you go and read them.
    Aug 3 05:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • YY: Do You Know What You Own? [View article]
    Doubt these are the people who pay millions for virtual teddy bear. the company is making up numbers and stories to make people believe...They need to provide further disclosure on the sources of these big ticket virtual teddy bear purchases. YY platform should not be valued anywhere close to 2 billion..It's a combination of stupidity and market exuberance that we are seeing right now.
    Aug 3 06:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment