Xuhua Zhou

View Xuhua Zhou's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Uni-Pixel Has Ballooned From Hype, Not A Better Technology [View article]
    He's clearly waiting for his 25 dollar/hr paycheck from Unipixel for diligently twitting and responding to every piece of negative opinion about UNXL...
    Apr 3 04:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Uni-Pixel: Still The Best Investment For 2013 [View article]
    Well..facts are, you can't badmouth Unipixel..or you are wrong.. It's the best stock in the world until it hits the VHC moment..except VHC actually gets paid for its patents from some folks---thanks to the tard texas jurors...UNXL investors won't be so lucky...cuz the business literally is worthless
    Mar 15 10:17 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Petty Bickering  [View instapost]
    Dude, VIC messages are private and I'm done debating with you on Unipixel. I don't understand why you felt the urge the post the communication. It's funny you did not post all the board messages on your idea or tell people that your unipixel got one of the lowest ratings on VIC. Judging by your performance data, you seem to have way overallocated on your unipixel's position. A word of advice from someone who's done overallocation and suffered huge personal losses, diversity a bit. I wish you the best as it seems like you aren't a professional pump and dump guy. Its always wise to take a little profit and scale back your position a bit after a 5x move. FWIW, It's strictly business for me..I think after this unipixel episode ends, you may want to explore an alternative career path. It's one thing to run a private wealth portfolio and quite a different thing to be in the hedge fund world...You seem exceedingly gullible and amateurish in your understanding of the stock market and the business world in general.
    Mar 6 11:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Uni-Pixel: Possible Securities Regulation Violations And A 109-Page Lawsuit Are Questioning Management's Credibility And UniBoss [View article]
    Chris, there's a reason you cannot just call up Larry Ellison at Oracle to ask what its first quarter revenue and EPS would be before they publicly released it to everybody. That's the whole reason why we have Reg FD...The management of Unipixel is obviously oblivious of Reg FD...
    Mar 1 12:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    It's 109 page of legal complaint. I suggest you finish reading it before summarily dismissing all merits of the case. To a reasonable individual, the case reads with a lot of merits.
    Mar 1 11:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Is Uni-Pixel Falling? [View article]
    Well, if you are getting on the call and the general public isn't..the company has serious reg FD problems. If they are disclosing material information such as their roll-out projection or guidance, it should be disclosed in public via a press release or public accessible investor conference calls.

Btw, I have indeed listened to one of the calls in December. I didn't hear the management formally giving any projection; rather the analyst more or less made up the production numbers in the call if I recall correctly.

Chris, if you are so close with the management, you should have advise them to put out a formal press release detailing their guidance and projection..I'd be very happy if they would do that in the upcoming earnings call...at least when they go on record, the class action lawyers will have something to rely upon in the future.
    Jan 29 12:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Is Uni-Pixel Falling? [View article]
    Dude I really can't stand how you make revenue out of thin air.....you have any idea what it takes to build a 1bil annual revenue business?? Name one company that turned from making 0 dollar to making 1 bil dollar over the course of two years??? You need to stop giving people false hopes on this name..
    Jan 29 10:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Is Uni-Pixel Falling? [View article]
    Yeh I find it funny too that Chris is missing from the discussion. Not sure what is going on...hmm...If you've made your money in the stock, I congratulate you and you should keep your profits..It's really not a name worth looking at anymore..If you are retail, you can't get shorts on this..Maybe buy a few puts for a gamble..don't lose the money you've already made is the best advice I could give you.
    Jan 28 05:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Is Uni-Pixel Falling? [View article]
    I think this stock trades below 10 by the end of the wk...vast majority of the shares are vesting today...if i were the mgmt, i'd sell as fast i could..as they should...worked hard this past three months to pump the stock to this level, how could they not cash in the chips...
    Jan 28 10:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Joy Global: When Will We See The $1 Billion Write-Down? [View article]
    I agree with your assessment of the situation. I think JOY most likely will bring light to the situation.

As a side note, Chinese media reported the completion of acquisition of the two SOEs in late 2005..the formation of those entities seem to have occurred in 06.

The thesis has been supported by the market I would argue. I'm not claiming anything definitive here. The point of the article is to point out the linkage given CAT's disclosure last Friday. I think the stock price here has reasonably priced in the risks, down over 700mil in mkt cap this week. Of course, if a write-down is really forthcoming, there would be a lot of sentiment issues surrounding the stock and we could easily see it head lower to the 50s.
    Jan 25 01:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Joy Global: When Will We See The $1 Billion Write-Down? [View article]

E&Y and Deloitte both looked into the books of ERA....makes E&Y's IMM audit a bit less credible I'd have to say..
    Jan 24 03:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Joy Global: When Will We See The $1 Billion Write-Down? [View article]
    1. Again, don't feed words into my mouth. I never gave a definitive number on what williams&li hold. But it's my view they do hold a significant stake through the TJCC entity.
    2. I'm using the related party transaction in the prospectus to highlight prior RELATIONSHIPS. They are important and perfectly valid.
    3. I disagree fundamentally on the level of involvement you or the prospectus claim. I think over the next few days, media will shed more light on Mr.Li's true role in IMM's operations.
    4. Again, your logic is completely flawed here. If Siwei could go public, why would IMM want to acquire it and have TJCC hold a fraud? Diversifying your fraudulent companies makes perfect sense here as well. Or Jordan simply disagree to put its own money in a lesser quality company? All of those are possibilities.

Finally, I concede the points raised here are largely circumstantial. But over the years, the insiders who are involved in a known frauds are highly likely to be involved in a potential fraud. Time will tell whether my view on the situation is correct or not.
    Jan 24 01:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Joy Global: When Will We See The $1 Billion Write-Down? [View article]
    Based on your response, I'm guessing you are either involved in the deal or have extensive knowledge of the dealing in IMM's IPO and its prior related party transactions. I thank you for raising the key points in the related party transactions but your answers do not address a couple of key concerns here.

1. The ownership structure of TJCC holdings is unclear. It's hidden behind layers of offshore funds and my guess is Mr.Li and Williams have a stake in TJCC. I wonder if you have proof that can show otherwise. (While it's a speculation, it is based on disclosed documents and reporting from the SOE acquisition. Williams&Li at 40%, Jordan at 60%). I never stated definitively about Mr. Williams and Li's stake in IMM, it's mere speculation from the information I've seen. I would love to see the ownership structure of TJCC if you have any insight to share.

2. While I don't see Mr. Williams involvement in IMM except for the initial acquisition. It is indisputable that Mr.Li had extensive involvements in IMM's day to day operation. (See the links I attached in prior posting). Your claim that Mr.Li was merely a consultant and director who is not involved in day-to-day operation simply is inconsistent with the IMM's own disclosure. (Mr.Li was the vice chairman of the company prior to it going public)

3.I'm not sure what you are disputing in the related party transaction aspect. I agree with you that all related party transactions have been settled prior to it going public (otherwise HK public investors probably won't like buying into the deal). That being said, those prior related party transactions indicate the connections between IMM and Mr.Li and Williams. The connection is the only thing I'm highlighting here, not alleging any impropriety whatsoever.

4. The fact IMM passed on ERA can only indicate IMM's a lot smarter in making acquisitions than CAT; I don't think it says anything about the likelihood of itself being fraudulent.

5. I think it's moot points to talk about IMM's gone through many more layers of screening than ERA. Again, I agree IMM is likely a higher quality company just because it had through IPO, audit and PE investing. But by the same argument, I can argue ERA had gone through CAT's screening therefore it cannot be a fraud (WE'VE ALL SEEN HOW THAT PLAYED OUT)

While your comments are lengthy and clearly show you have considerable insights in both IMM deal and ERA, I'm not convinced by the validity of your arguments and the evidence you cited.
    Jan 24 07:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Joy Global: When Will We See The $1 Billion Write-Down? [View article]
    As a side note, Piper Jaffray's research analyst came out yesterday making a number of statements supporting the IMM acquisition. I would like to express my view points on a few of them.

"1) IMM is comprised of four formerly state-owned companies, each with its own distinct history and product portfolio; given this, it would be surprising (and random) if all - or any- of these companies were somehow employing the same accounting tricks as a nonstate owned company located several provinces away;
    2) connections between Siwei and IMM shareholders are misunderstood: while Siwei's major shareholders did have a minority stake in IMM, they were not in charge of running IMM's daily operations.
    3) IMM sells road headers, shearers, and other types of
    mission-critical mining machines, while Siwei sells more commoditized roof supports. In the former case, the value-added nature of the products speaks for itself; in the latter case, there is arguably more incentive to exaggerate profitability;"

I agree with the analyst that IMM is likely a better quality deal given the fact it's an IPO with a big four auditor. The tricky part here is that CAT also claimed that it has done proper and rigorous due diligence prior to acquisition which should equate if not exceed a regular big-four audit and the IPO process.

Furthermore I cannot agree with the statement that since IMM is a combination of four SOEs, therefore, it's unlikely they all use the same accounting tricks. My view is that the problem may ultimately lie with IMM itself. After the integration, the numbers are presented as IMM's numbers, not the four prior SOEs' numbers. The fact those four companies are completely distinct and with different history and product offering should be more worrying than reassuring because it most likely adds much more complexity to exert proper internal control and creates more room for manipulation if one intended to commit a fraud.

On the second point, the analyst is completely misguided and I believe Mr. Potter is the one who misunderstood the connections here. Rubo Li has been running IMM since 2007 and I have multiple links proving this fact.

(Mr.Li is the Vice Chairman and on a trip to negotiate a business deal with a coal mine in China)
    (Mr. Li on a trip promoting IMM's product offerings)
    (Mr.Li went on a trip to enhance further cooperation with a customer)

With such deep level of operational involvement, how could Mr. Potter claim there's no involvement??

With respect to the third point, the analyst argued that Siwei had more incentives to exaggerate profitability. While this may be true, CAT's 8K disclosure also stated improper and unsupported revenue recognition among the problems identified.

Obviously we'll see how the situation eventually plays out, but I think JOY's management should be careful in light of the concerning information that had been raised to the public domain.
    Jan 24 05:10 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Uni-Pixel: Adding Value Additively [View article]
    This precisely shows how screwed up the incentive system at this company is. The management somehow got awarded 3.5 million shares of options for showing zero revenue since it has gone public over the past 7 years while ripping off your average investors of the company. HOW COULD YOU HAVE GRANTED YOURSELF ALMOST 1/3 OF THE COMPANY AFTER HAVING DONE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING???
    Jan 15 10:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment