Yale Bock

View Yale Bock's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Best Buy's Balance Sheet: How Do You Calculate The Hidden Losses That Investors Can't See? [View article]
    Hi Seeking Beta,

Interesting article and premise and as a fellow contributor, I appreciate the different perspective you take with this piece. At the same time, the article does not quantify your premise, nor does it include any financial information to give me any idea about the human capital impact that should show how operations are being affected over time, and in the future. In addition, with respect to the balance sheet and the hidden impact, at the very least, a presentation of the current quarters balance sheet, with an analysis of its cash to debt position, interest obligations, lease commitments, and cash flow relative to those items would go a long way in helping legitimize your thesis. As a best buy investor, who owns it for clients, you bring attention to valid points about their human capital weaknesses, and I appreciate it. Your own analysis about the comprehensiveness of the article might reveal areas to improve as well. Thank you for the article and my comment was meant to be constructive, and not offensive.

Jun 24, 2012. 10:39 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • USA Technologies: A Proxy Fight To Control The Future Of A Promising Payment Processor [View article]
    Hi Ward59,

Thank you for reading the article and the comment. Consistently having a bottom line profit and growing the top and bottom line will move the stock. Execution is the key issue. Thanks again for reading the article and good luck with your investments.

Jun 21, 2012. 08:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Gary,

Thank you for reading the article and your comment. Lincoln's A House Divided applies to many situations, this one included. Let's see what happens. Best of luck with your investments and thanks again for reading the article and the comment.

Jun 19, 2012. 03:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Turnaround In Specialty Retail Trying To Follow The Lead Of Starbucks And McDonald's (Part 2) [View article]
    Hi Aaron,

Thank you for reading the article and your question. On micro cap stocks which are thinly traded, any trade has a big spread on the bid and ask, and that accounts for the large percentage move. My understanding is company owned stores are the plan.

President, Y H & C Inve
    Jun 14, 2012. 02:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BP Is Stupid Cheap, And I Continue To Back Up The Truck! [View article]
    Hi Babbabooey,

Thank you for reading the article and your comment. The reason why they have had thinner than average operating margins is they have higher expenses in the gulf of mexico because of the macado situation, and have exploration efforts on stand by, which costs money with no return on capital. As new projects begin in the gulf and they have success, there will be return on that investment, hopefully a large return. I hope that helps. Thanks again for reading the article and the comment.

Jun 6, 2012. 03:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BP Is Stupid Cheap, And I Continue To Back Up The Truck! [View article]
    Hi Cramer and Tchayipov,

Thank you for the news about potential scenarios in Russia. One never knows what will happen in that neck of the woods. As a BP owner, you have to rely on management making a good decision on how best to proceed with their TNK stake. Knowing they want to stay in the area to explore, any scenario where they can dispose of their stake and be able to partner with others or own a controlling stake in another exploration situation is probably an outcome BP will want. Definitely worth monitoring. Thanks again for the update.

Jun 6, 2012. 11:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ancestry.com (ACOM) +15.8% AH after Bloomberg reports the company is weighing a sale, and has enlisted the help of famous tech banker Frank Quattrone to find buyers. A source expresses confidence P-E firms will show interest in Ancestry, whose valuation has fallen to historically low levels on concerns about slowing subscriber growth, though analyst Susan Etlinger thinks Google or Facebook might also consider a bid.  [View news story]
    Hi Kraken,

Hysterically funny comment- probably true as well.

Best to you and yours.

Jun 6, 2012. 09:15 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BP Is Stupid Cheap, And I Continue To Back Up The Truck! [View article]
    Hi Synchronicity,

Thank you for reading the article and your comment. Good luck with your investments.

Jun 5, 2012. 04:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BP Is Stupid Cheap, And I Continue To Back Up The Truck! [View article]
    Hi Tchayipov,

Thank you for reading the article and your comment regarding BP's safety situation. With respect to your option strategy, an interesting way to invest in BP. Anything which reduces the cost basis makes a cheap stock even cheaper, which is always good. Buying calls is a bet on the upside, but I would rather own it and let there be no time pressure. Thank you for your comment and reading the article. I have a free newsletter and blog and if you are interested, just send me your email address at yale@y-hc.com. Thanks for the comment.

Jun 5, 2012. 04:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BP Is Stupid Cheap, And I Continue To Back Up The Truck! [View article]
    Hi Tomlos,

Thank you for reading the article and sharing your comment. Good luck on your investments. If you would like to join my mailing list for the free newsletter and blog, just email me at yale@y-hc.com. Thank you again for the comment.

Jun 5, 2012. 12:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BP Is Stupid Cheap, And I Continue To Back Up The Truck! [View article]
    Hi Onomas,

Thank you for reading the article and your kind comment. I am glad the article helped provide more information for you and others about BP. Time will tell on the merit of the investment. If you liked my article, I also have a monthly newsletter and blog you can get for free as well. Just email me your email address and I will add you to the list.

Jun 5, 2012. 12:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BP Is Stupid Cheap, And I Continue To Back Up The Truck! [View article]
    Hi Dave,

Thanks for reading the article and your comment and opinion. Good luck with your other better investments.

Jun 5, 2012. 11:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BP Is Stupid Cheap, And I Continue To Back Up The Truck! [View article]
    Hi Bsorge,

Thank you for reading the article and your comment. The E portion is very easily manipulated with all kinds of non cash charges, options, one time stuff, inventory accounting etc. I tried to include different methods of looking at cash flow to provide various other metrics for investors. Good luck with your investments.

president, Y H & C Investments
    Jun 5, 2012. 11:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BP Is Stupid Cheap, And I Continue To Back Up The Truck! [View article]
    Hi Dean,

Thank you for reading the article and your comment about BP. Time will tell if it is a smart gamble. If BP executes on its plans to improve operational efficiency and has some success in its exploratory efforts in the Gulf and elsewhere, well, I believe the market will notice. Good luck with your investments.

Jun 5, 2012. 09:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BP Is Stupid Cheap, And I Continue To Back Up The Truck! [View article]
    Hi Sneaker,

Thank you for reading the article and your comment. BP's safety record is poor and is a major priority for the company. In addition, I disagree with you on why it will or will not remain so. If operating performance and existing and new exploration efforts are successful, the market will reward BP,

Jun 5, 2012. 08:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment