Yale Bock

View Yale Bock's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Is WebMD A Good Prescription For Your Portfolio? [View article]
    Hi NJK1,

Interesting premise- one I would disagree with. When a company reduces guidance dramatically like WebMD has for 2012, investor's run. Class action lawsuits are always around when the share price declines. Thanks for reading the article and the question and comment.
    Apr 21, 2012. 01:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Value Stocks Below $2 (Follow Up) [View article]
    Hi AMW,

Interesting comparison and thanks for posting and taking the time to email me. Jamba has larger scale and competes on a 'health' focused platform, which could lead to big success in the schools if their new jam ago platform is successful. The new tea acquisition ties into that and has a nice start to build from. Health and wellness is a huge market globally so there is a big prize available for JMBA. Cosi has less than half the size by sales, much smaller in number of locations. I don't know if COSI has a CPG business, which could become a big profit center for JMBA. In checking the COSI site, a franchise costs 400k, much more than the 250k for JMBA. Both have to execute on the marketing side as well, but I know JMBA has over 1 million Facebook fans, and COSI with 16k. Still, anything similar to Panera has potential, and the reviews in that regard are favorable for COSI. Thanks again for the comment and question and if you would like to be on my free blog and newsletter list, just email me at information@y-hc.com.
    Apr 20, 2012. 09:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is WebMD A Good Prescription For Your Portfolio? [View article]
    Hi Limping,

Thank you for the corrections and taking the time to read the article.
    Apr 20, 2012. 08:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Value Stocks Below $2 (Follow Up) [View article]
    Hi Willaby,

Thanks, and with JMBA, I think they are on the right track, but I also think the sector is massive and their JambaGo and recent Tea acquisition offer big rewards if they execute. This year is big for them. Regarding, Dunkin, I think they are in a completely different segment than SBUX, also controlled by private equity. Here in Vegas, Dunkin has a few locations, but I know their major franchisee went bankrupt, which is the flaw in the business model. Starbucks is a whole different animal- stock is pretty rich, agreed, but if any company is the next Coke or McDonalds, they are it, just my opinion, and I own a bunch, for self, company, and clients, full disclosure. If you are interested in joining my newsletter list, please email me your email address at information@y-hc.com. You can always email me at that address.

Yale Bock, CFA
    Apr 17, 2012. 10:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Value Stocks Below $2 (Follow Up) [View article]
    Hi Willaby,

I appreciate the comments and your opinion on JMBA. Certainly, it is a turnaround story. One of the interesting things about anecdotal evidence is you need a huge sample of experiences to get a feel for what the entire concept is doing. I own both SBUX, and JMBA and when I looked at SBUX I would go to 20 stores or so, and literally 5-10 grocery stores to see how the business looked. Remember, these chains have 750 stores in Jamba's case, and with SBUX, 17,000 stores. I am not saying you are wrong, just that it might be worth your time to look at more stores than one to get a better feel for the entire business state.
    Apr 17, 2012. 04:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Wynn Resorts: The Show Has Just Begun (Part 2) [View article]
    Brad,

Right, smear campaign, a bit of a stretch there. Paid by the Wynn board. Time will tell how this turns out. I won't respond to you any more as you are more interested in arguing and I don't have time for that nonsense.

Yale Bock, CFA
    Apr 5, 2012. 01:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Wynn Resorts: The Show Has Just Begun (Part 2) [View article]
    Hi CP,

Thanks for the comments and background on the above board Mr. Freeh. As I have said, whether people agree or not, eat my bread, sing my song. Wynn's stock has had a nice move, but this could be a very long play where the first act has just begun. Thanks again for the comment.

Yale Bock, CFA
    President, Y H & C Investments
    Mar 28, 2012. 05:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In The Unbanked: 5 Possibilities To Consider [View article]
    Hi EconDoc,

I too have owned it for quite some time. I was not trying to be glib, I am giving you my honest appraisal of why the stock has not performed for a while. I also stated it may be because their growth rate on the top line has slowed a bit, or is not that rapid, and it is a pretty large company. The bottom line is in time, I believe this will reward shareholders with better returns, especially if the top line starts to grow a little quicker. I hope this answer is more satisfactory. Thanks for your comment.

Yale Bock, CFA
    President, Y H & C Investments
    Mar 26, 2012. 02:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In The Unbanked: 5 Possibilities To Consider [View article]
    Hi Econdoc,

As far as why the stock has not performed, that is par for the course in the stock market. One of the enduring characteristics of the market is there are long periods of time when a stock, or group of stocks, does nothing. JNJ, and even Berkshire Hathaway have been criticized recently for poor equity peformance for the last few years. Typically, when people get discouraged is when the tide turns. It may be a stock does nothing for 5 years, and then goes up 100% in three weeks. When you have a great business and brand like Western Union, in time, performance will ultimately happen. Hope that helps and thanks for the comment.

Yale Bock, CFA
    President, Y H & C Investments
    Mar 26, 2012. 02:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In The Unbanked: 5 Possibilities To Consider [View article]
    Hi Recusant,

Thank you for your insight, and I think you are correct. In addition, another key point is the large chains are constantly scrapping their metals, so their exposure is somewhat limited as it is a constant source of liquidity. One can view that as a positive or negative, if you want more exposure to precious metals. Still, a nice problem to have in an environment of high gold prices and little faith in fiat currencies.

Thanks for the comment.

Yale Bock, CFA
    President, Y H & C Investments
    Mar 26, 2012. 02:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In The Unbanked: 5 Possibilities To Consider [View article]
    Hi Lisa,

Cannot comment on the labtop but hope it still works great. Regarding the stock, still pretty cheap and a very good business. Much depends on your time horizon and specific situation. Over the long term (5 years or so), EZPW should do pretty well for you. Hope that helps and thank you for the question.

Yale Bock, CFA
    President, Y H & C Investments
    Mar 26, 2012. 12:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In The Unbanked: 5 Possibilities To Consider [View article]
    Hi Econdoc,

Could be concerns about the threat of mobile transfers through smart phones. Maybe the size of the company reducing their potential growth rates, especially the top line. Thanks for the question.

Yale Bock, CFA
    President, Y H & C Investments
    Mar 26, 2012. 08:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wynn Resorts: The Show Has Just Begun [View article]
    Hi CP757,

Thank you for the update- seems like a lot is going on in this space. Class action lawyer investigating Wynn now. More fun.

Yale Bock, CFA
    President, Y H & C Investments
    Mar 22, 2012. 06:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Wynn Resorts: The Show Has Just Begun (Part 2) [View article]
    To the Board,

Here are some additional articles providing more information about the ongoing dispute. I hope you find them worth your time.

Thanks for reading the posts.

Yale Bock, CFA
    President, Y H & C Investments
    Mar 14, 2012. 02:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Wynn Resorts: The Show Has Just Begun (Part 2) [View article]
    Brad,

Time will tell about the accuracy of both of our opinions. The strength of your conviction is admirable, and necessary when investing. Good luck to you.

Yale Bock, CFA