Yaron Ron Reuven

View Yaron Ron Reuven's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Monitise Continues To Establish Its Pole Position [View article]
    We own MONI.l, but I didn't notice a significant cost difference between that and MONIF
    Feb 26, 2014. 03:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Monitise Continues To Establish Its Pole Position [View article]
    Just curious as to why you prefer OTC MONIF over main security MONI.L.?
    Feb 26, 2014. 02:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why SunOpta's Board Should Vote To Sell The Organic Food Company [View article]
    caedmon,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "considered them a danger stock since then....
    Feb 11, 2014. 05:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should You Bet On Green Mountain Coffee 2.0? [View article]
    Good article
    Feb 3, 2014. 02:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Venezuela To Devalue Its Currency Again, MercadoLibre's Financials Will Get Hit Hard [View article]
    Sanjay,

your points about insider selling and others are well thought out and I agree to certain extent with all except one. When you say that MELI is a big enough company, I am not sure how arrive at that conclusion. Are you referring to market cap or revenues? Because in market cap you are surely correct, as 4.2 billion is relatively significant, and considered midcap. But their revenues are only 10% of that value, and thereby not consider very big in public company terms. Much larger companies have disappeared overnight because of mistakes, and although I am not saying that MELI will disappear tomorrow or at all, I am saying that the value of their stock is a very bad indication of their size or state of stability, since it could be cut significantly in a matter of days as things in Venezuela and Argentina--which represent 45% of total revenues, and 70% of total company growth--deteriorate.
    Jan 25, 2014. 08:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Problemas We Found In MercadoLibre's Earnings [View article]
    With nearly 45% of revenues and 70% of co growth coming from Venezuela & Argentina, I wonder what excuse MELI management will use this time as both currencies are crashing simultaneously
    Jan 23, 2014. 01:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking Beyond 4Q, Novatel Wireless Looks To Be A Buy [View article]
    As I commented in your initial NVTL Article, this company will never amount to anything so long as the keep management and board the same, since all they do is pay themselves outsized bonuses for stealing the company's money from shareholders.
    Jan 20, 2014. 02:33 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Moctavio,
    I wrote more details about you're saying several months ago which I thought you'd find useful. http://bit.ly/1eQPnHC
    Jan 17, 2014. 11:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    This is the destruction of capitalism at its finest. I would be anything that a sea of international companies doing business in Venezuela are going to run out of there asap, now that they know they can only make so little there. I guess because everything is upside down in Venezuela and at MELI, is the explanation why this awful news is somehow causing the MELI stock to be up today. very strange, but only temporary before bigger crash comes
    Jan 16, 2014. 03:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I think this article says that big meeting is next Wednesday, not this week. http://hrld.us/1eLlpVr

Time to short more.
    Jan 15, 2014. 10:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Michael, your arguement about numbers of items sold is flawed simply by the fact that if valid, it would mean that a company selling 100,000,000 qTips one at a time to 100 million customer is more valuable than a company selling 1,000 airplanes to a single customer. You seem like a smart person, so I doubt you really believe this. We're all wrong at times, and after being a professional in the investing business for nearly 15 years (please see my bio), I sure have had my wrong assumptions. But I still consider myself a "real" investor.
    Jan 15, 2014. 10:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Problemas We Found In MercadoLibre's Earnings [View article]
    For anyone who's still believing that this real estate disaster at MELI that I argue is incorrect, you should either speak to or read the MELI article by fellow SA author Simon Vielma Who owns commercial property in Venezuela. It looks worse than I even thought.
    Jan 15, 2014. 10:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Wow Simon I'm sorry to hear about the real estate nightmare. If you look at the comment area of the article you'll find me debating with some other financial guy Oliver, claiming that somehow the real estate logic I used was wrong because of some unrealistic financial equation he came up with. Although it's great that you helped prove me right about it, I'm sorry that you had that lesson learned from a loss.
    Jan 15, 2014. 10:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Michael,
    A business is valued based on assets, profits and at times partly on future potential. MELI current assets and profits are being valued incorrectly since it's based on the wrong peg ratio. That means that The future is all they have left. Unfortunately the current growth they are stating (and you're repeating) is also incorrect due to the same reason as before. So they're not growing or projected to grow at even close to 25%. As far as showing up at google, and helping many Venezuelan customers, that's great and all, but the bottom line is how much does that translate into for the top and bottom lines. Since both of those growth factors are deteriorating rapidly, the valuation must warrant that, meaning its worth much less than 12 times sales. Goodwill may be an asset for accounting purposes, but not in real life. If you want to see a good example of what happened to investors who relied on goodwill, look no further than the time warner investors who bought AOL not so long ago and during a past bubble. Spoiler alert, it didn't fare out well for them.
    Jan 15, 2014. 08:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Simon,
    Thanks. I try to find some humor in such situations, and I appreciate that MELI management made it easier. Thier plan gets worse and worse with each quarter as they continuously try to cover the currency hole, but it looks like time is running out. I guess management's stock sales show that they're more aware than they lead on.
    Jan 15, 2014. 08:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment