Yosef Levenstein

View Yosef Levenstein's Comments BY TICKER:
  • LinkedIn: Strategic Failure Forming Downside Risk [View article]
    I think that's NYC Trader's point. If you have a highly engaged audience that is unwilling to enter into your revenue generating model, despite investing heavily in marketing and salespeople, then maybe you need to reconsider your strategy and try something else. Consider $FB and its 100% free model, and the user engagement there.
    Sep 11 08:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Crisis May Be In U.S. Small-Caps [View article]
    Very interesting piece Michael. Thank you for sharing.

The recent run up in small-cap growth and value ETFs (last 5 years) has outperformed the large cap indexes, and historically market corrections hit small-caps harder than the large cap indexes. That being said, in most of these corrections emerging markets were hit hard as well! Assuming the bull run is almost out of fuel, how deep an impact do you think that will have on emerging markets, and how does that influence your thesis?
    Jul 29 09:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Median Global Stock Valuations Are Pushing The Envelope [View article]
    Very interesting analysis. Thanks! What about using a different index or ETF that is not weighted by market cap to analyze current valuations?
    Jul 9 08:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Reality Can Be Cruel [View article]
    I often say, the markets are life and life is the markets. Trading and investing can teach us a lot about life, and vice versa. Thanks for the insight George, this week should be interesting! I'll be watching the earnings feed on SA closely:
    Jan 19 02:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Passing Of Dr. Eugene Narrett (Emmet Kodesh) [View article]
    Yes, we will leave Dr. Narrett's articles up on Seeking Alpha.
    Jan 7 09:13 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NQ Mobile: Behind Smoke And Mirrors Lies The Truth, Part 2 [View article]
    Hi Jason,

We allow all sides of any discussion. If you are interested in posting a long perspective you are certainly welcome to submit your analysis for editorial review.

To be clear, we have no house position, and are open to all sides of any debate as long as the analysis passes editorial review.

Sincerely,
    Yosef
    Nov 6 03:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Ballmer Is Almost Out, But Microsoft's Problems Are Far From Over [View article]
    As a gamer I've often wondered about how important Xbox is to $MSFT's bottom line. Specifically the recurring revenue from XBL?
    Aug 23 12:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Farewell For Now Seeking Alpha [View article]
    Good luck to you Sean from all of us here at SA. I second David's sentiment, and wish you much success at CIBC!
    Jul 22 12:10 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Digging Deeper Into Ford Credit [View article]
    This was plenty fun to read, though I look forward to your next piece on $F.
    Jun 25 03:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Economic Growth And Steel Demand Impact The World's Steelmakers [View article]
    Thank you for the comment. We are investigating your claim.
    Jun 12 03:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • North Atlantic Drilling: Cheapest Offshore Driller With A Huge 9% Yield [View article]
    I am curious to know how a continued drop in the price of oil will impact NATDF and other offshore drilling companies?
    Dec 3 12:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Is Down From $700 [View instapost]
    Could be, but I remember when $RIMM started to decline people (myself included) said they would remain significant because of the corporate users...
    Oct 24 10:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Is Down From $700 [View instapost]
    Thanks RS.

I agree on most of your points, but I don't think an Apple TV is the solution to its sorrows. The current generation of Smart TVs from Samsung and Co. are quite impressive (240 HZ refresh rate on an LED is the closest I've ever seen to a video appearing like real life). The issue is the lack of innovation and lack of quality in the product. SJ was able to admit when he was wrong or recognize a mistake. The current iPhone 5 production is a mess and apparently 40% of the phones that roll off the production line don't pass QC. And, apparently they are shipping scratched iPhone 5 handsets. This isn't the same old rodeo, and the stock price will adjust accordingly as people get a better grasp of the data.
    Oct 24 09:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Is Down From $700 [View instapost]
    I agree to disagree as well.

I loved my white iPod shuffle, I loved my iBook G4, I loved my white macbook, I loved my iMac, I loved my iPod Nano 1gb, I loved my iPod Nano with a video camera, I loved my iPhone 3G, and I loved my iPhone 4s until iOS 6. I am pretty sure I missed a few other iPods that I owned, and I haven't mentioned all the media I've downloaded from iTunes and the App store.

I remember when I bought my iBook I bought it from an investment banker on Ebay. His wife had made him buy it and he couldn't get used to the OS. Back then when I would open it up in Starbucks or other public places people would come over and ask which Mac I was using and ask if they could see how it works. Back then all laptops were boring Dells, and my little white iBook with its glowing Apple logo was so unique. And people were amazed by the slot loading disc drive.

Those days are no more. But my wandering tech eye is intrigued by the Chromebook, and I just can't help but wonder if Google is about to pounce Apple.
    Oct 24 09:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple Is Down From $700 [View instapost]
    That is why this is an opinion piece. My conundrum is why the P/E is 14. And if a P/E of 14 is maintained at a lower YOY growth what would the price of the stock be? If I had the answers I would not be asking these questions. My speculation is that the price is not related necessarily to the P/E or the fundamentals, but rather the market's expectations.
    Oct 24 09:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment