Yuxuan He

View Yuxuan He's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The Singapore Story: No Longer A Sure Thing For Investors? [View article]
    As a Singaporean, I felt encouraged to see the investment community defend my home country.

A key point raised by the author is the cost of living in Singapore. If you check the underlying breakout of CPI increase, it is largely attributed by the increased in transport or namely car prices. As Singapore has a cap on the number of cars in Singapore, the "licence" (COE) to own one get inflated as we become more affluent. IMO, this is not great but at least it is not essential.

Though I dare not say that we will forever be "one degree more efficient, one degree more attractive", for now we are ahead and well-positioned.
    Apr 8, 2013. 11:58 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Whale, Too Big To Jail And Short A Spanish Fly [View article]
    I can understand the frustration of fellow investors, for I am long SAN as well. In the midst of negative European news, we tend to get edgy and worried, sometimes rightfully so.

However if you continue to believe in the bank's fundamentals and growth prospects, by all means average down.

An author is entitled to his opinions. No point bashing him up. Happy investing.
    Mar 26, 2013. 08:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Art Of Trading Volatility [View article]
    Great article. Thanks for putting in the effort to educate retail investors like myself on VIX.

VIX is currently below 12. Thinking of going long VXX as I'm starting to doubt the sustained rally in the short term. However, the economic calendar seems light and the contango effect is rather deterring. What are your thoughts?
    Mar 11, 2013. 05:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CAI International: Value, Growth Or Both? [View article]
    I'm afraid that there could be more short-term weakness, considering the offer price at 19.85. The fundamentals of CAP is still attractive, even more so now.

That being said, I would hold for now and average down when there are concrete plans explaining the use of funds from the secondary.

The following was extracted from the press release
    "The Company intends to use the net proceeds from the offering for working capital and other general corporate purposes, which may include investments in equipment and other assets. The Company may also use the net proceeds, or a portion thereof, to repay a portion of its senior secured revolving credit facility. "

For now, we are not hearing enough to make an informed decision. It is too late to flee though, hang on tight!
    Nov 30, 2012. 08:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CAI International: Value, Growth Or Both? [View article]
    I'm afraid I do not know enough about it to comment. This article provides a good insight however. http://seekingalpha.co...
    Nov 26, 2012. 10:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CAI International: Value, Growth Or Both? [View article]
    I do not disagree with dividends and believe it's a choice between growth and dividends. However dividends are not terribly efficient though due to taxation.

I'm happy to see that we don't disagree on TEU leasing potential.
    Nov 8, 2012. 06:16 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment