2014 Diversified ETF Portfolio: Annual Performance, Replacing BOND With TLT And 2015 Estimates
- The S&P 500 had another great year with 14% annual return (including dividends).
- The diversified portfolio only returned 3.6%, held back by Business Development Company ETF.
- Portfolio yield exceeded the S&P 500 by 118 basis points.
- Pimco's BOND ETF was replaced by TLT. TLT chosen based on correlation.
- S&P 500 Fundamentals need to continue to grow to have a positive 2015 year.
Mattel: Investment With The Potential For 9% Long-Term Growth
- Mattel's share price is currently depressed due to decreasing revenue among its core brands.
- At $30.60 or less, Mattel can be expected to achieve 9% growth per year over the next 10 years.
- FY13 dividend was greater than free cash flow. If FY2014 Q4 FCF is depressed, the FY2014 dividend could exceed FCF for the second year in a row.
- The biggest risk to the long-term investor is a dividend freeze at the current levels.
Wal-Mart's Potential Gain From The Market Basket Crisis
- The shoppers of Market Basket, a discount grocery store in New England, have been shopping elsewhere for the past two weeks.
- The second most popular discount grocer in New England, Walmart, has the potential to benefit from displaced Market Basket shoppers.
- Walmart may not have been able to capitalize given a lack of inventory.
Diversified ETF Portfolio Performance For Q2 2014
- The diversified portfolio is faring well concerning its 80/20 stock/bond split.
- The portfolio has a higher yield than that of the S&P 500.
- The portfolio has underperformed the S&P 500 year to date.
- The performance of the S&P 500 during the first half is equivalent to a 15% annual return.
- 2013 Diversified ETF Portfolio Review: Lesson In Poor Diversification; 2014 Thesis
- Diversified ETF Portfolio Performance For Q1 2013
- Improvements To The Diversified ETF Portfolio That Beat The S&P 500 In 2012
- Microchip Technology Poised For 27% Capital Appreciation With 4.4% Dividend Yield
- Diversified ETF Portfolio Performance For Q2
- Residential House Prices Will Continue To Fall; Invest In Multifamily Properties Via REITs
- Diversified ETF Portfolio Performance For Q1
- Zagg: $1 Billion Market Cap Is Within Reach
- What An Apple Dividend May Look Like
- Improved Quantitative Strategy For Selecting The Best Dividend Growth Stocks
- Quantitative Method For Ranking Dividend Growth Stocks
- Zagg Incorporated Works Through Growing Pains for a Very Strong Future
- GT Solar's Got Upside Potential in 2012
- GT Solar: Excellent Entry Point Before Q4 Earnings
- Zagg Incorporated: Cell Phone / Tablet / Portable Computer Space Is the Place to Be
- Rebalancing Results for an Index Fund Portfolio