Zach Tripp

View Zach Tripp's Comments BY TICKER:
  • LeapFrog Misses Guidance By A Mile [View article]
    I can't help to think a company with more experience could right the ship. I believe in the products and management does also. I think the growth is at a point where it takes more then just heart to right the company. LF would be a great addition to Mattel...

Long Mattel, planning on being long LF but have to wait now until the conf call.
    Jan 24, 2015. 08:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • LeapFrog Misses Guidance By A Mile [View article]
    Waiting to see the balance sheet. Currently they are trading at 1.3x Cash, could actually be a net-net situation...

I just finished reading the last quarter conf. call and I have to reread it, I thought they said MRQ was off to a good start....
    Jan 23, 2015. 03:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Stock Analysis: Colgate-Palmolive [View article]
    rgaimari and Hindemith_1121- little harsh I think. This analysis does not mean sell, it just means it does not meet the author's requirements for a purchase. The author's requires a "fair value" of the shares and dividend growth/return.
    Jan 22, 2015. 04:54 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Could A Dividend Cut Be Looming For Mattel? [View article]
    I understand your point Robert but I would have to disagree. If maintaining the current distribution enables the company to pay dividends in the future, it is interest of the shareholder in the long-term. Short-term thinking at the corporate level never leads to positive long-term outcomes.
    Jan 22, 2015. 09:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattel: Investment With The Potential For 9% Long-Term Growth [View article]
    UPDATE: My limit order got filled at $27.30, bringing my cost per share to approx. $29.50. I still have 25% of my capital, I will wait to see the price action after the earnings announcement on the 30th (including dividend).
    Jan 22, 2015. 07:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Could A Dividend Cut Be Looming For Mattel? [View article]
    Dave, Nice article and I would not be surprised if a dividend freeze occurs, as I noted to in my article. I would be curious to your estimate for Q4 FCF and the resulting FY2014 Dividend/FCF payout.

I think a dividend freeze is in the best interest of the company for the long-term investor. I just started a position, therefore, a dividend freeze keeps me at 5% which I am happy with.

Final Note, there are plenty of tricks they can play also, like maintaining the dividend per share for Q1-Q3 FY15, then a small increase in Q4 FY15, followed by all of FY16 at the Q4 FY15 rate.

0.65% Increase over FY14:

Q1 FY15 $0.38
    Q2 FY15 $0.38
    Q3 FY15 $0.38
    Q4 FY15 $0.39

1.9% increase over FY15:

Q1 FY16 $0.39
    Q2 FY16 $0.39
    Q3 FY16 $0.39
    Q4 FY16 $0.39
    Jan 22, 2015. 07:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Assessing Risk Versus Reward For High Yield BDCs [View article]
    You can also look at BIZD - Market Vectors BDC Income ETF, which is a true ETF as opposed to an ETN.
    Jan 18, 2015. 10:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattel: Is The 5% Dividend Worth The Risk? [View article]
    I missed the dip myself. I have limit order in placed now for $27.30 that I will keep in place until the day before earnings. If earnings are bad, MAT will probably free-fall, I will than.
    Jan 16, 2015. 08:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattel: Is The 5% Dividend Worth The Risk? [View article]
    "As younger people increasingly embrace smartphones and tablets, traditional toys are declining in prevalence and status."

yet

"This was due primarily to 20% revenue growth in its [Hasbro] Boys category, thanks to strong sales of Nerf, Transformers, Marvel, and Star Wars products."

No mention of tablets or smartphones in Hasbro's success. So, I have to ask, is it do to not having the right boy toys or not having tablets?

Granted, some disposal income is going the way of electronic gadgets but I think Mattel is just out of favor currently and has opportunity for improvement.
    Jan 13, 2015. 07:44 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Orders, Revenue, And Margins Continue To Expand At Hurco [View article]
    $HDNG up today on some nice volume.

Long HDNG
    Jan 12, 2015. 07:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattel: Investment With The Potential For 9% Long-Term Growth [View article]
    Completely valid point Keubiko. Granted, he is not dipping into his own pocket, but he is not cashing in either.
    Jan 7, 2015. 10:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattel: Investment With The Potential For 9% Long-Term Growth [View article]
    UPDATE: Bryan Stockton (CEO) had 13,511 shares become vested on 5-Jan-2015. He sold 5,293 shares @ $30.47 ($161,278 - taxes?), keeping the rest invested in his company. (8,218 shares * $30.47 = $250,402).
    Jan 7, 2015. 02:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The World's Best Dividend Stocks [View article]
    Thank you for the list!
    Jan 6, 2015. 10:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattel: Investment With The Potential For 9% Long-Term Growth [View article]
    Valid point Mattew- it has been a long time since we have been in a true raising rate environment. If rates on bonds do start a long and protracted rate raise, the hurdle rate for equity's return need to increase.
    Jan 6, 2015. 08:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattel: Investment With The Potential For 9% Long-Term Growth [View article]
    Sorry, I mean keep it at $1.52 during FY2015. It is a potential, not saying it is going to happen. I think the probability increases if the FY2014 Q4 Free Cash Flow is weak enough not to cover the annual dividend.
    Jan 6, 2015. 08:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment