Zach Tripp

View Zach Tripp's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Which Car Industry Stock Should You Own? [View article]
    $HON does not look too bad in some of the charts.

I like to stay companies that supplier the auto industry, like Microchip $MCHP.
    Jan 28, 2015. 08:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattel: Investment With The Potential For 9% Long-Term Growth [View article]
    Waiting for conference call to decide when to invest the remaining 25% of my capital. Curious if this will be the "kitchen sink" quarter with lower exceptions from new CEO of if he will wait until 1st or 2nd quarter of next year.
    Jan 28, 2015. 08:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattel: Investment With The Potential For 9% Long-Term Growth [View article]
    Jan 26, 2015. 02:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Better Mattel Analyst Report [View article]
    Just checking at Lunch, which I had a limit an order for $25.77 :-)
    Jan 26, 2015. 01:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Could A Dividend Cut Be Looming For Mattel? [View article]
    Dave-

"The Company announced today a first quarter cash dividend of $0.38 per share which is flat compared to the first quarter of 2014. The dividend will be payable on March 6, 2015 to stockholders of record on February 19, 2015."

It is the responsible thing to do....I would of been more concerned with a dividend raise..
    Jan 26, 2015. 12:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattel: Investment With The Potential For 9% Long-Term Growth [View article]
    Dividend is frozen also.

I glad to see the board is taking this seriously and have replaced the CEO. I agree with Keubiko, I too was worried with all of the reshuffling going on.

For me, Mattel is a long-term investment and I bet I will be adding to my position at lower levels...best times to invest is when everyone else is selling.
    Jan 26, 2015. 12:48 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LeapFrog Misses Guidance By A Mile [View article]
    I can't help to think a company with more experience could right the ship. I believe in the products and management does also. I think the growth is at a point where it takes more then just heart to right the company. LF would be a great addition to Mattel...

Long Mattel, planning on being long LF but have to wait now until the conf call.
    Jan 24, 2015. 08:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • LeapFrog Misses Guidance By A Mile [View article]
    Waiting to see the balance sheet. Currently they are trading at 1.3x Cash, could actually be a net-net situation...

I just finished reading the last quarter conf. call and I have to reread it, I thought they said MRQ was off to a good start....
    Jan 23, 2015. 03:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Stock Analysis: Colgate-Palmolive [View article]
    rgaimari and Hindemith_1121- little harsh I think. This analysis does not mean sell, it just means it does not meet the author's requirements for a purchase. The author's requires a "fair value" of the shares and dividend growth/return.
    Jan 22, 2015. 04:54 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Could A Dividend Cut Be Looming For Mattel? [View article]
    I understand your point Robert but I would have to disagree. If maintaining the current distribution enables the company to pay dividends in the future, it is interest of the shareholder in the long-term. Short-term thinking at the corporate level never leads to positive long-term outcomes.
    Jan 22, 2015. 09:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattel: Investment With The Potential For 9% Long-Term Growth [View article]
    UPDATE: My limit order got filled at $27.30, bringing my cost per share to approx. $29.50. I still have 25% of my capital, I will wait to see the price action after the earnings announcement on the 30th (including dividend).
    Jan 22, 2015. 07:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Could A Dividend Cut Be Looming For Mattel? [View article]
    Dave, Nice article and I would not be surprised if a dividend freeze occurs, as I noted to in my article. I would be curious to your estimate for Q4 FCF and the resulting FY2014 Dividend/FCF payout.

I think a dividend freeze is in the best interest of the company for the long-term investor. I just started a position, therefore, a dividend freeze keeps me at 5% which I am happy with.

Final Note, there are plenty of tricks they can play also, like maintaining the dividend per share for Q1-Q3 FY15, then a small increase in Q4 FY15, followed by all of FY16 at the Q4 FY15 rate.

0.65% Increase over FY14:

Q1 FY15 $0.38
    Q2 FY15 $0.38
    Q3 FY15 $0.38
    Q4 FY15 $0.39

1.9% increase over FY15:

Q1 FY16 $0.39
    Q2 FY16 $0.39
    Q3 FY16 $0.39
    Q4 FY16 $0.39
    Jan 22, 2015. 07:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Assessing Risk Versus Reward For High Yield BDCs [View article]
    You can also look at BIZD - Market Vectors BDC Income ETF, which is a true ETF as opposed to an ETN.
    Jan 18, 2015. 10:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattel: Is The 5% Dividend Worth The Risk? [View article]
    I missed the dip myself. I have limit order in placed now for $27.30 that I will keep in place until the day before earnings. If earnings are bad, MAT will probably free-fall, I will than.
    Jan 16, 2015. 08:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mattel: Is The 5% Dividend Worth The Risk? [View article]
    "As younger people increasingly embrace smartphones and tablets, traditional toys are declining in prevalence and status."

yet

"This was due primarily to 20% revenue growth in its [Hasbro] Boys category, thanks to strong sales of Nerf, Transformers, Marvel, and Star Wars products."

No mention of tablets or smartphones in Hasbro's success. So, I have to ask, is it do to not having the right boy toys or not having tablets?

Granted, some disposal income is going the way of electronic gadgets but I think Mattel is just out of favor currently and has opportunity for improvement.
    Jan 13, 2015. 07:44 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment