Zack Buckley

View Zack Buckley's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Heads You Lose 40%, Tails You Lose 70% On Gamble With Navidea Shares [View article]
    The line of credit only has 15m available, not the entire 50m. Including that 15m from the line of credit they have 28m of cash, which will burn out in 18 months unless they get approval for Lymphoseek.

In terms of head/neck prostate and colon those are all addressed in the section titled "call option 1". For the US those comprise approximately 1 million potential cases of which only a fraction will be penetrated by Lymphoseek.

The CRL was a rejection of CMC issues for Lymphoseek, the article does not imply anything other than that.
    Dec 19 11:01 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 50 Companies of 2010 (Part 1) [View article]
    i completely agree. these companies are all jokes. The article should be taken down.
    Mar 14 05:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Perils of Investing in China [View article]
    In response to blueskies, I have not shorted one Chinese company, and I clearly stated that in the article, in fact I still have a few long positions.
    Jan 12 05:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Perils of Investing in China [View article]
    i never ment for the article to be such a big deal or to portray all chinese companies as frauds. i dont think they are all frauds, I just realize now that I dont know what they are.

Please refer all questions to Maj at geoinvesting - email: tradermaj1@aol.com
    Jan 12 02:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Perils of Investing in China [View article]
    I want to clarify that all the companies I saw had legitimate operations. I said that in the article but I guess it was not clear. I was not going to empty warehouses/empty factories etc. Most of the companies had perfectly legitimate operations. I simply believe it is too difficult to understand these companies. Many of the companies had large and impressive operations, yet I still would not want to invest because I think it will be hard for the benefits of those operations to ever accrue to the US shareholders. I'm sorry the article was not more clear about my opinions. I do not think that all Chinese companies are frauds, I honestly do not know the number of frauds in China or the %. My issues were more from a margin of safety perspective. How can we really know that these companies are not frauds? How can I invest with a margin of safety here when there are so many factors outside of my control. Please email or talk with Maj of geoinvesting with all questions pertaining to the article. I am simply done investing in China, and so I think he is the best person to talk with, as geoinvesting is doing great research in the China space, I am now focusing on US companies. I hope that clarifies the article, and please point out to Maj what further clarification is necessary.

Please note these are just my opinions, I could end up being wrong, I simply felt after my trip it was worth being clear about how I felt after I had previously been so bullish.

Thanks
    Zack
    Jan 12 02:01 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Perils of Investing in China [View article]
    Please put comments and questions to the article on Geoinvesting.com. I will answer questions there.
    Zack
    Jan 12 10:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Interview With ChinaCast's Michael Santos [View article]
    It is difficult, generally the Big 4 are the most reliable firms, but even they make mistakes, such as E&Y with Lehman Brothers. In small cap China, having a big 4 auditor is a great sign.
    Oct 23 05:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Interview With the CFO of Emerald Dairy [View article]
    He speaks perfect english. He worked in the US for 6 years at Ernst & Young.
    Oct 23 05:50 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Interview With Yongye International's CFO [View article]
    It never said 38,800.
    Sep 6 12:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Interview With Yongye International's CFO [View article]
    I appreciate it. I wish you both luck, I will say there are definitely better Chinese companies to short than this one.
    Aug 24 11:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Interview With Yongye International's CFO [View article]
    I'm sorry I'm not a representative for the company. Please contact their IR firm crocker coulson or their CFO Sam Yu if you are interested in getting these answers.
    Thanks
    Zack
    Aug 23 09:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Interview With Yongye International's CFO [View article]
    I would appreciate you asking questions a bit more politely, there is no need to be rude.
    First of all, I just report what the company tells me, I do not share personal opinions in these interviews.

Secondly, the 100,000 store count is by the end of the decade, not this year.

Thirdly, their branded store model is nothing like starbucks. They are not opening brand new stores, they are converting existing fertilizer and agriculture stores within villages to their branded stores. The stores still sell products other than their own, but the stores use their branding. Their auditor is KPMG, if KPMG is not counting the stores, I would be very shocked.

I do not recommend people buy the companies I follow, I think everyone should do their own research, I simply present the information the companies give to me.
    Aug 20 05:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Whitney Tilson: This Is Not 2008 [View article]
    Any reason you are exciting bgp? I think it looks pretty interesting.
    Jul 6 12:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Interview With Weikang Bio-Technology Group's VP Finance Ren Hu [View article]
    Jason - I will contact AOB management and see if I can set something up.
    Dutch - I do not know when they plan on uplisting. I also don't know their exact plans for achieving that I'm sorry. I would recommend just focusing on the fundamentals, if the company does well I'm sure it will uplist over time.

Best,
    Zack
    Jun 22 04:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 50 Most Undervalued Companies of 2010 (Part 4) [View article]
    I couldn't agree more Joteng, LPIH is great. I also like your posts on Ihub. The China growth stocks board is a gem.
    Apr 15 07:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment