Zack Miller

View Zack Miller's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Answers.com Struck By New Google Algorithm [View article]
    Hi Brad,
    Thanks for the important comment. I totally understand how hard it is for other internet sites (specifically those dependent on organic Google traffic) to diversify away from the search behemoth.

As you point out, it's ANSW's model and its relative dependence on Google traffic that makes it so vulnerable. My point was that Answers' move to purchase Dictionary is a natural outgrowth of their lack of control over SEO traffic.
    Aug 8 10:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Searching For Answers Corporation [View article]
    Sorry I wasn't clear, Frank.
    Clearly, RPM (Revenues per thousand pageviews) * M (Thousands of pages views) = Total Revs

All I was trying to say is that I wanted to see the delta in RPM more approximate the delta of the page view growth. It's clear that Answers.com (ANSW) has an execution problem and I'd like to see their RPM growth improve -- that's all.
    May 29 10:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Interview: Noel Archard, Head of Institutional Sales for Vanguard VIPERs ETFs [View article]
    agreed!
    Dec 14 05:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gooptions: A Bearish Signal For Google Stock? [View article]
    Interesting points about the lack of transparency. On the other hand, I don't necessarily think it's bearish on the stock. Given the fact that they will be sold through an exchange, huge premiums may be paid for these things. It may just be a case of monetizing now versus later. Call it a "Google Viatical"!
    Dec 13 09:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Big Media vs. Blogs Take-Two: Neither Has Cornered the Market on Bad Advice [View article]
    kudos to you Roger for a well-written reponse. I think smart investors know and understand that all investment advice is caveat emptor. I sort of see you as a leader in providing individual investors (and professionals) with real tools to manage their own portfolios or manage those who manage their portfolios for them.
    Oct 11 03:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sun’s Schwartz Asks SEC For OK To Use Blogs For Corporate Disclosure [View article]
    this is an interesting development. A corporate blog is no different (IMHO) from submitting a PR to a wire or other distribution methods. Good journalists monitor corporate blogs like hawks to report any new product development, management changes, etc. Reg FD should incorporate this, I think.
    Oct 4 06:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Monster Worldwide Threatened By Niche Jobs Boards [View article]
    What do you think of Gawker's foray into listings. You can see that here: www.gawker.com/jobs/
    It's powered by Indeed. What I like is the segmented listings that are related to Gawker and a tab that provides access to the larger network of results.
    Aug 28 11:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Israeli Smallcap Willi-Food Shows Impressive Growth [View article]
    Great write-up, Aaron and welcome to the SeekingAlpha community!
    Aug 25 10:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IMAX Accounting and Legal Woes Make It a Sell [View article]
    I've been following your take on IMAX and have liked what you have said. I agree -- I think there is an underlying company definitely worth more than what it's trading for right now. Clouded in an array of bad news, it's like the perfect storm with no short-term catalyst to make it stop going down, let alone go up. I've puked it and am just getting out of the way until it settles. Once it does, I think you have a very interesting value play.
    Aug 24 06:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IMAX Plunge Presents a Buy Opportunity [View article]
    Travis,
    Any idea why the stock is getting hit so hard today?
    Aug 23 10:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IMAX Plunge Presents a Buy Opportunity [View article]
    LT has a good point. IMAX has not done a good job articulating their long-term strategy and how/when digitization plays into it. Combined with an SEC inquiry, it's definitely being punished for it. Good opportunity for PE to pony some money up and perhaps play into the "JV" structure the company has been talking about. It's possible that there is a deal -- just lower.

When everyone thinks the stock goes to 0, more times than not it doesn't.
    Aug 10 10:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How to Invest in Seniors' Online Spending? [View article]
    I totally agree but the issue at hand here is whether there is an online play leveraged to the senior spend...I like the idea of RATE.

What about HLTH? Most of their revenue is derived from payor-doctor/practice management relationships but they have still have the WebMD consumer businesses.
    Jun 15 08:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment