ZenPrime

View ZenPrime's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Bridgeport Education Stands Out Among For Profit Education Companies [View article]
    Thanks for your post. What is your take on the extremely high short ratio on BPI? One of the things that concerns me the most about this bunch.....
    May 25 10:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ebix Stands Out in the Insurance Software and Services Industry [View article]
    This article was meant to be a comparison of the fundamentals taken from financial statements of 4 selected companies. It is simply analyzing data and presenting an opinion of the valuation of those 4 companies based on the results of that analysis. This article does not touch on fraudulent accounting claims at any company as those issues have been addressed in various articles by others.
    Since there is never (or at least VERY rarely) a unified opinion on whether a stock is worth buying or shorting, it is up to the individual investor to look at the various analyses available and draw their own conclusions.
    May 16 10:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coffee Stocks: Good Long-Term Investments? [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. That is definitely one of many areas I did not dig into. I tried to cover that with the comment: "There are other factors that go in to selecting stocks for long-term investment, of course....". My article is just a starting point for identifying potential stocks. Comments like yours are highly appreciated as they add much more valuable information to the overall picture. Thanks again.
    Feb 6 07:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coffee Stocks: Good Long-Term Investments? [View article]
    Quick ratio < 1.0. Further checks into why this fell below 1 would be prudent (growing inventories?)
    Feb 6 01:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shining a Light on Solar's Fundamentals [View article]
    Yes it is, although the definition probably varies from person to person.
    Jan 31 02:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shining a Light on Solar's Fundamentals [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. My FCF analysis was off, you are correct. The rest of the analysis should be OK. FSLR's discount to intrinsic value will be only 16% with the proper FCF added in. Thanks again. And you are right, ENER has never had positive FCF since 2001.
    Jan 30 07:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Value Meals: Dividends and Value in the Restaurant Business [View article]
    Thanks. SBUX didn't show up in the screen because their industry isn't defined as restaurants, but instead packaged goods (they sell coffee, I guess). Maybe I'll try a follow up article with them, as they would make an interesting analysis.
    Jan 29 10:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chinese Online Game and Internet Service Companies: Reviewing Values and Fundamentals [View article]
    Also, Chinese companies have their own inherent risks...I was one of many that got burned on RINO. If you are leary of management then maybe it is best to stay away.
    Jan 18 06:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I looked at SBAY after you mentioned this. Their earnings are so spotty it's hard to value it accurately (well, valuing any company has its risks due to one's assumptions.) I made some wild assumptions and put in 0 growth rate as a conservative estimate and the stock still comes up very undervalued (by around 50%). You can download the program for your self and try your own assumptions (its free).
    Jan 18 05:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is There Value in Specialty Retailers? [View article]
    Thanks. Interesting, when I use a more conservative growth rate for TRLG, I get somewhere in the mid-40's too, based on DCF alone. I picked up ARO a quarter or so ago, and while I think they have some management hurdles to overcome, their returns seem to be growing over the same period TRLG's have been shrinking. Time will tell if TRLG can halt their slide and ARO can keep from losing their momentum (sounds like ARO is stumbling a bit now). That said, I am long TRLG, too and am hoping for some better news over the next year or so.
    Jan 5 11:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment