View as an RSS Feed
View Zvi Bar's Articles BY TICKER:
AA, AAL, AAPL, ADM, AGNC, AGRO, ALSMY, AWH, BAC, BG, BP, BPT, BRK.A, BRK.B, BYDDF, C, CBI, CHK, CIM, CLF, CMO, CRM, CVS, CYS, DIS, DISH, DNN, DRL, ERF, EXC, GCVRZ, GE, GGP, GNW, GOOG, GS, HIG, HLF, HSH, HTS, IBM, IEP, IGC, INTC, IRDM, IRM, ISRG, IVR, JPM, KERX, KING, KMB, KO, LULU, MFA, MNKD, MSFT, NDAQ, NEPT, NFLX, NG, NLY, NOK, NWSA, PF, PGH, S, SBUX, SD, SEE, SHLD, SNE, SSNLF, STXS, SVM, SVU, T, TPH, TST, TWO, USG, USU, VSAT, WEN, WFC, WY
Healthcare REITs Should Continue To Outperform In 2014
- Healthcare REITs provide income and exposure to growing healthcare demand.
- These REITs underperformed the broader market in 2013 and appear poised to outperform the market in 2014.
- Healthcare REITs provide significant dividends that may themselves outperform several sectors and industries this year.
Changing Trends And Apple Policy May Dethrone The App King
- King Digital appears to be a dangerous investment due to the risk of its games being a short-term fad.
- There is little barrier to entry in the mobile game business and King's revenue stream is concentrated in very few games.
- King's revenue is made through in-app purchases and it is possible that a significant portion of these purchases are improper, unauthorized purchases by minors. Future restrictions should limit them.
Allowing Your Money To Grow On Trees With These REITs
- Forestland is often an under-allocated investment by retail investors, but a good long-term investment.
- Weyerhaeuser and Rayonier are two of the better forestland REITs. Both focus on different business segments, with an investment in the pair being a fairly diverse forestland allocation.
- Both companies are also in the process of separating their business units, which should result in four high quality entities and the potential for further M&A activity.
USG Continues To Look Like An Eventual Berkshire Hathaway Acquisition Target
- USG is redeeming the remaining convertible notes owned by Berkshire Hathaway and Fairfax.
- The notes will be converted.
- Berkshire is already the largest shareholder and an eventual acquisition appears increasingly likely as the position grows.
The Small Dogs May Provide Alpha And Income If The Market Corrects
- The Small Dogs provide a higher yield than the broader market and 10-year treasuries.
- As Dow constituents, each is a well known and liquid equity.
- These companies may provide some downside protection in a market correction due to their sizable businesses and dividends.
- Disney Will Likely Beat Earnings Expectations Later This Week
- An Option On Adoption Of A New Multiple Sclerosis Treatment
- Stereotaxis Should Soon Attract Investors Or A Buyer
- Bank Of America's Q4 Earnings Were Based Upon Its Own Balance Transfers
- Berkshire Hathaway Will Likely Acquire USG
- Lululemon May Perform Well In 2014, But Fading Market Share And Margins Are Probable
- Wait For The Next Shoe To Drop Before Buying Intuitive Surgical
- Sprint's Turnaround Should Eventually Convert Customers And Investors Too
- Nasdaq OMX Needs To Make Changes And Greifeld May Be The First
- India Globalization Capital To Benefit From Unappreciated Chinese Iron Ore Demand
- Intuitive Surgical's Recent Decline Is Likely To Become A Long-Term Buying Opportunity
- Agency Mortgage REITs Are Going On Sale This Summer
- USEC's Recent Reverse Split And Share Implosion Present A Speculative Opportunity
- Iron Mountain Should Appreciate After Passing The IRS' New REIT Scrutiny
- Iridium Is An Underfollowed Value Stock With Strong Potential
- Dish And Softbank Trade Salvos, As The Competition For Sprint Heats Up
- David Tepper May Be Bullish But Appaloosa's Position Reductions Show He Isn't Greedy
- American Capital Agency's Unamortized Net Premium Prepayment Risk Finally Kicks In
- Dish: Competition For Sprint Should Buoy Shares Despite Market Volatility
- Annaly's Continuing Metamorphosis
- Japan's Interest In Access To North American Natural Gas Should Further Recent Price Strength
- Intuitive Surgical Finds A New Opponent In The American Congress Of OB/GYN
- Annaly, Chimera And CreXus May Soon Combine Into One Diversified Mortgage REIT
- Pengrowth Confirms Dividend And Will Likely Continue To Appreciate
- Pengrowth Appears Poised To Rebound In 2013
- American Capital Agency's Newest Secondary Lets Investors Bet On Kain Again
- Intuitive Surgical May Soon Face Headwinds Due To Non-Intuitive Data