Zvi Bar

View Zvi Bar's Comments BY TICKER:
  • How To Use The CAPE Ratio To Double The Return Of The S&P 500 [View article]
    Sound reasoning. Sort of a dogs of the cycle.
    Aug 2 06:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Domtar: Adding An Undervalued Downgraded Dividend-Paying Stock That Makes Sense [View article]
    I am watching this one too!
    The dividend looks well covered from earnings and I agree that the attends product should benefit from aging demographics. I also believe the theory that digitization will eliminate the use of printer paper in a decade, which has existed for about 2 decades already, is probably at best a half-truth. Still, cheap stocks have a funny way of getting cheaper when the market sells off.
    Aug 1 02:01 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • TRI Pointe Appears Compelling After Absorbing Weyerhaeuser's Homebuilder [View article]
    I rarely trade. I mostly invest in long term opportunities, and when things get cheaper without any facts changing, I accumulate more. I do the same thing with perrier when it goes on sale at the supermarket.
    Aug 1 11:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weyerhaeuser Will Likely Increase Its Dividend In 2014 [View article]
    WY reported this morning. Results were decent, but they forecast a weaker Q3 due to seasonality. Nonetheless, I think the results provide room to increase the dividend...especially with the lower share count.
    Aug 1 07:50 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weyerhaeuser Will Likely Increase Its Dividend In 2014 [View article]
    I prefer RYN to PCL, if only because it is smaller, but I think you were asking John.
    Jul 31 10:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife Is Too Risky Right Now [View article]
    Was this especially ugly day due to argentinian exposure, or perhaps Ackman's 'my bad'?
    Jul 31 04:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    A classy guy like you probably wouldn't take an award.
    Jul 31 04:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chicago Bridge & Iron Suffers From Uncertainty Due To Short Thesis And Sick CFO [View article]
    Is it your belief that this 125 year old company with substantial market share in its businesses and an order backlog that is 5x is market valuation is not a successful survivor?
    Jul 31 09:16 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cliffs' Board Still Likely To Be Ousted Next Week, And Q2 Results Don't Help [View article]
    The marriage of these assets was a bad idea, and so keeping them together just because they are together is not a good idea. It will still be a bad marriage.
    Jul 31 09:11 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Keryx Should Move Substantially In The Next 2 Months [View article]
    It is a pretty good start, and yet just a drop in the bucket.
    Jul 31 09:08 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Keryx Should Move Substantially In The Next 2 Months [View article]
    domo arigato
    Jul 30 07:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Keryx Should Move Substantially In The Next 2 Months [View article]
    No, but would expect the Q2 results might include some details about that, and they should be reported this week or next, based upon prior reporting timetables.
    Jul 30 04:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Keryx Should Move Substantially In The Next 2 Months [View article]
    Inclined to agree, except we don't yet know how much of that $155 has been burned through in Q2, and how much will be left by the time the FDA does report its determination. It will be nice to know what is left of that pile of cash.

As for the company's market cap, it is $1.4 billion, and if you back out the cash (let us assume only $100 million remains) it is $1.3 billion, with no debt.
    Jul 30 02:27 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Doc, I think he was just upset that the board is changing.
    Jul 30 01:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife Is Too Risky Right Now [View article]
    Jeffjacobjames, Esq., there are defenses to libel/slander, and I know they will always protect me from whatever I write. Some of those defenses are absence of malice (and I mean none), opinion (and I do believe everything I write), no injury and truth, among others. I only mention these four because they apply to me here.

The same would hold for Ackman. HLF would pretty much have to prove he knowingly made false statements. I believe his materials and the high priced legal opinions he commissioned in advance, whether or not they be accurate, would provide him a substantial basis for arguing that what he has stated was his opinion.

And that is why you don't take legal advice from stock brokers and the on-air personalities that repeatedly interview them.
    Jul 29 10:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment