Zvi Bar

View Zvi Bar's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Keryx Should Appreciate As Auryxia's Use And Suitability Grow [View article]
    No, I want to root that weed out of this fertile ground while I wait for my KERX acorns to grow into a nice forest. I have already reached out to someone respected regarding my admitted conspiracy theory, hoping for validation and possible interest in publicizing this. I hope they take a shine to it, but if not, I will try my own garden weasel here.
    Mar 3, 2015. 07:38 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Keryx Should Appreciate As Auryxia's Use And Suitability Grow [View article]
    I do not know where they will be by Dec 2015, but I would guess somewhere between five to fifteen thousand and accelerating.

For what it is worth, people out there, I think there is a conspiracy in the news world against KERX going on. I do not know if it is related to the expiration of the secondary warrant option for more shares or some shorting entity, but there is some odd activity out of WSJ now just like there was out AP on the IPO date: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Mar 2, 2015. 10:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Keryx Should Appreciate As Auryxia's Use And Suitability Grow [View article]
    On the CC, KERX indicated approval into DaVita and Fresenius over the last two weeks, important and necessary hurdles that should help push scrips going forward. Still only at 6 of top 15 medicare, but moving up.
    Feb 27, 2015. 08:37 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Keryx Should Appreciate As Auryxia's Use And Suitability Grow [View article]
    Moreover, certain minorities are considerably more likely to develop kidney failure. African Americans make up about 13 percent of the population, but account for 32 percent of the people with kidney failure, with about 4x the likelihood of developing kidney failure as caucasians. Hispanics are about 1.5x as likely as non-hispanics. These two groups are not only growing faster than the majority, and are also likely to have had diagnostic testing, where current healthcare should increase the rate of testing within these groups.
    Feb 21, 2015. 05:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Keryx Should Appreciate As Auryxia's Use And Suitability Grow [View article]
    Whatever the costs may be, they are borne by the dialysis center, as iron is included in the package, just like ESAs. And, to this, DaVita Clinical Research stated in 2011 that "In a 96-person clinic with the same patient types and distribution of resource utilization as measured in our study, and assuming that 70% of patients are prescribed phosphate binder therapy, the total anticipated monthly savings would be $6,071 with the use of ferric citrate." Further, "Expected reductions in ESA use, which have been associated with ferric citrate treatment, contribute the majority of savings in our cost-offset model."
    Feb 20, 2015. 01:23 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Keryx Should Appreciate As Auryxia's Use And Suitability Grow [View article]
    Are you implying that because of the existence of non-prescription iron, that prescription iron is absurd? I ask because I think you should understand that there already exists a healthy market for prescription iron, most notably on the very patients that require a phosphate binder.
    Feb 20, 2015. 09:31 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Keryx Should Appreciate As Auryxia's Use And Suitability Grow [View article]
    You are comparing a drug for uncontrollable emotional outbursts to a phosphate binder for dialysis patients. You also seem to not want to acknowledge that this drug does have a potential alternative use in treating anemia. This drug brings relief to suffering people. It will succeed.
    Feb 20, 2015. 08:00 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Keryx Should Appreciate As Auryxia's Use And Suitability Grow [View article]
    Yes, much of the question will depend upon just how adverse the effects are at these lower doses. I expect it to be reasonably well tolerated at the 1-3 a day level, but really do not know. I am willing to wait for the trial data to do the talking, and also forthcoming Japanese data from actual use at lower stages of CKD.
    Feb 19, 2015. 11:34 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Keryx Should Appreciate As Auryxia's Use And Suitability Grow [View article]
    50 a week, for now, and likely to grow. The drug is not yet on most insurance, but will likely be available within the next two months. It is nice to think about the patients and the coming revenue. At, let us suppose, an average of 4 pills per day (less than half of the 8-9 average in phase 3), and a little over $4 per pill that insurance is paying, that means every new patient could add about $5,800 in annual revenue (4x4x365=5,840). That means, if the total addressable market is 340,000, every 1% of that market that moves to auryxia could be worth about $20 million per year. If the drug gets approved for 3-4 CKDs, add a million patient market at potentially 2 pills a day, or $2,900 per year, every 1% of that market would be worth $29 million annually. If they get to 10% of 5s, and go no further, at only 4 pills (where double is reasonably likely) that would be $200 mil in annual US revenue, and I believe it will be considerably more successful. I believe the year over year comparisons for patients and revenue will be staggering in 2015 and probably 2016 too.
    Feb 19, 2015. 09:31 AM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Iron Mountain Should Outperform REIT Peers In 2015 [View article]
    They are a storage company, primarily for corporate documents, many of which require being kept for several years. They are the largest in this business, and one peer would be Recall.
    Jan 14, 2015. 01:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Iron Mountain Should Outperform REIT Peers In 2015 [View article]
    You are correct and I intended to refer to the final 2013 dividend, which was paid out on January 15th of 2014. Though there will be no such situation in 2015, I believe that the total cash payout within the Calendar year still may be greater than within Calendar 2013. Nonetheless, I could also see how, given this current global climate, the company may choose some other direction. I believe much of this will also depend on what happens with Recall.
    Jan 14, 2015. 11:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Keryx Biopharmaceuticals: 40% Upside In The Bear Case [View article]
    By virtue of the 13G filing on 11/10, it is quite certain that Baupost was buying KERX in October.
    Nov 29, 2014. 08:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Iron Mountain Is Now Cleared For Further Dividend Increases [View article]
    So, they did not increase the quarterly, but they did issue another special for .255, which is not a bad holiday bonus.

And I believe that a 2015 dividend increase is still probable, and possibly 2 increases.
    Nov 17, 2014. 08:47 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Iron Mountain Is Now Cleared For Further Dividend Increases [View article]
    This recent move is impressive.
    Nov 7, 2014. 08:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Iron Mountain Is Now Cleared For Further Dividend Increases [View article]
    I am certainly hoping they do increase the dividend in Q4. Yes, I do believe they have the capacity to do so.
    Nov 6, 2014. 07:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment