Zvi Bar

View Zvi Bar's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • A Comparison Of Mortgage REIT ETFs [View article]
    I am passive in them.
    Jul 9, 2012. 09:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Samsung To Offer Windows And Android Tablets To Compete With Apple [View article]
    An ultrabook would make for a competitive tablet, and certainly allow for easy network integration for anyone or any business already using Windows. A real question will be whether an ultrabook in tablet form can be priced at a competitive rate compared to an iPad. Chances are that it would be somewhat costlier.
    Jul 9, 2012. 10:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    The market share numbers are based upon an IHS report, but they were rounded.
    Jul 9, 2012. 06:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pengrowth Slashes Its Dividend [View article]
    mick, that first one was a typo and should be$ 0.068. thank you for pointing it out, and I will request it be corrected.
    Jul 8, 2012. 12:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 7 REITs Highly Undervalued When Applying 'Graham's Number' [View article]
    I do not believe that this formula is appropriate for REITs, and especially not for mREITs. Graham's formula is for traditional corporate equities. These mREITs need to be evaluated more like a portfolio of bonds. Similarly, p/e is often not a very helpful metric for mREITs.
    Jul 8, 2012. 11:29 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Pengrowth Slashes Its Dividend [View article]
    good stuff!
    Jul 8, 2012. 09:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Pengrowth Slashes Its Dividend [View article]
    PBA acquired a company called Provident in Q1, which was also a high yielder, and that acquisition is what you are seeing, I believe.
    Jul 6, 2012. 02:19 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pengrowth Slashes Its Dividend [View article]
    Tony, while this article is after the fact, I had quite clearly pointed to this probable event prior to the fact too: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jul 6, 2012. 01:28 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pengrowth Slashes Its Dividend [View article]
    you are correct. I have submitted a request to edit.
    Jul 6, 2012. 11:47 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rumors Mount Of An Apple iPad Mini Coming At The Start Of Q4 [View article]
    I use my iPhone and iPad as remotes for the already existing AppleTV, and can also control my iTunes on my computer that way.
    Jul 5, 2012. 11:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Rumors Mount Of An Apple iPad Mini Coming At The Start Of Q4 [View article]
    Good question and point. I hope someone has some data. I do believe the cost and margins on tablets will come down over time, so there is a certain inevitability to lower prices for iPads. I do not think it will happen too quickly, but it has always happened to consumer technology. Tablets will probably evolve to exist at a few sizes and price points. In many ways, an iPod touch is also really a small tablet, with a 7 inch being a medium and an iPad being a large.
    Jul 5, 2012. 10:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Turn Trash To Cash With Dividend Paying Waste Management Companies [View article]
    Yes, thank you for bringing attention to another peer with a decent dividend.
    Jul 5, 2012. 10:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sanko Files For Bankruptcy And More Shipper Insolvencies May Be Approaching [View article]
    It sounds to me like you think this may even accelerate the decline. It is scary to think that these companies still have ships coming to them, when they already have too many.
    Jul 3, 2012. 11:44 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More European Bailouts Should Bode Well For Gold And Gold Miners [View article]
    Taking people's gold and silver in those countries may be as difficult as collecting taxes from them (both nations have a fairly renowned black market). Prior to the euro, you generally didn't get a receipt when you bought something small at most stores in Italy.
    Jul 3, 2012. 10:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Agency mREITs Outperform Equities In Q2, But Look Risky For The Second Half Of 2012 [View article]
    I acquired my NLY before there was an AGNC. I'm not buying either today.

For what it is worth, I did not write this title. Publicly traded agency mREITs are equities, for example. I simply do not expect agency REITs to perform as well in the second half as they did in the first half of 2012.

The fed stated it intends to maintain a low fed funds rate into late 2014, but that policy can change and also rates can move without the fed's go-ahead, believe it or not. The yield on the REITs is superior, but the performance of the long-term treasuries has been superior. The latter is not nearly as obvious, is it?
    Jul 2, 2012. 05:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment