real-time news and commentary for investors
Monday, Jul 29
Omnicom, Publicis confirm $35B mega ad merger
- Omnicom Group (OMC) and Publicis Groupe (PGPEF.PK) have confirmed that they have agreed to a 50:50 merger.
- Deal will create the world's largest advertising firm with a stock market value of $35.1B and which had combined 2012 revenues of $22.7B, well above WPP's (WPPGY) $16B.
- The new firm will also have over 130,000 workers.
- Omnicom's John Wren, based in New York, and Publicis' Maurice Levy, based in Paris, will be co-CEOs for 30 months, after which Wren will become sole CEO and Levy will become nonexecutive Chairman.
- Clients include Omnicom's AT&T, Visa and Pepsi, and Publicis' McDonald’s, Coca-Cola and Walmart . (PR)