real-time news and commentary for investors
Tuesday, Jul 30
Aegerion raises Juxtapid sales guidance, shares rise
- Aegerion Pharmaceuticals (AEGR) impresses with Q2 results, as net sales come in well ahead of expectations.
- CEO Marc Beer sees "significant room for continued growth as [the company] calibrates activities surrounding the launch of Juxtapid in the U.S."
- AEGR says 215 patients are currently using Juxtapid — meeting the full year goal of 250-300 patients on therapy looks like a forgone conclusion.
- FY13 Juxtapid sales forecast is lifted to $30-35M from just $15-25M previously. Shares +15% premarket. (PR)
- Needham's Chad Messer called it last week.