real-time news and commentary for investors
Tuesday, Jul 30
More on Buffalo Wild Wings' Q2
- Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD) reports same-store sales rose 3.8% during the quarter at company-owned restaurants to miss the estimate of analysts.
- Cost of sales were up only 16.8% (compared to 28% revenue growth) with the cost of chicken wings lower during the period.
- Franchise royalties and fees up 7.9% Y/Y.
- The company says it's comping over last year's same-store sales mark of 6.8% for the first four weeks of the quarter. (PR)
- BWLD -1.8% AH as the EPS and sales beat are overshadowed by the tepid comp store sales rate.