real-time news and commentary for investors
Wednesday, Jul 31
MetLife Q2 income up 11% from last year
- Operating earnings of $1.6B or $1.44 share up 11% Y/Y.
- Premiums, fees, and other revenues of $11.9B up 3% Y/Y (up 6% without negative currency effect).
- Book value per share (excluding AOCI) of $47.20 off 3% Y/Y, owing to net derivative losses.
- Americas operating earnings up 18% to $1.3B - variable annuity sales of $2.8B off 40%.
- Latin America earnings of $125M off 7%.
- Asia earnings of $330M up 18%.
- EMEA earnings of $68M off 13%.
- Investment income of $5.1B about unchanged.
- Earnings call tomorrow at 8 ET. (PR)
- MET flat AH.
- Previous: Earnings report.