real-time news and commentary for investors
Thursday, Aug 1
More on Leapfrog earnings
- LeapFrog (LF) Q2 beats on lower than anticipated per share losses and better total sales.
- Sales growth was largely driven by its LeapPad learning tablet and LeapReader reading-and-writing lines, which benefited from new products being shipped to retailers for summer 2013 launches.
- Net sales increased 16% Y/Y; U.S. segment +19%, international +10%.
- Loss from operations improved by 34%.
- For Q3, sales are seen increasing in the mid-to-high single-digit percentage growth rate compared to Q3 last year. EPS is seen at $0.32. The Street is at $0.34 per share.
- Shares +1.9% AH.