real-time news and commentary for investors
Monday, Aug 5
Cybersecurity hardware/software vendor FireEye files for $175M IPO
- FireEye is looking to raise $175M under the symbol FEYE.
- The company's hardware and software works in tandem with 3rd-party firewalls to deal with advanced persistent threat attacks and other malware-based threats. High-profile hacking events have boosted demand for such products, as well as for intrusion prevention systems (IPS).
- Cisco recently agreed to buy IPS hardware leader Sourcefire for $2.5B.
- FireEye posted 1H revenue of $61.6M (+107% Y/Y), and a net loss of $67.2M. Sales/marketing spend totaled $66.2M, R&D $24.1M, and G&A $17.7M.
- 2012 revenue was $52.3M, and net loss $35.8M.