real-time news and commentary for investors
Tuesday, Aug 13
Futures points to small opening gains
- S&P 500 (SPY), Nasdaq 100 (QQQ), and DJIA (DIA) futures are all ahead by 0.3% as global markets rally overnight.
- The big gainer was the Nikkei, +2.6% on reports the government is considering a corporate tax cut. Europe is up only moderately, the Stoxx 50 +0.2%.
- It's starting out as another weak day for Treasurys, the 10-year yield up 6 basis points to 2.65%.
- S&P 500 ETFs: IVV, SPY, VOO, RWL, SFLA, SSO, UPRO, SDS, SPXU, SH, EPS, RSP, BXUB, BXUC, BXDB.
- Nasdaq 100 ETFs: QQQ, QQEW, TQQQ, QID, SQQQ, PSQ, QLD, QQQE.
- DJIA ETFs: DIA, DDM, UDOW, DXD, SDOW, DOG.