real-time news and commentary for investors
Tuesday, Aug 13
Alimera plunges after Q2 results
- Alimera Sciences (ALIM -15.3%) plummets after reporting Q2 results.
- Revenue for the period was $179K (18 Iluvien units sold), while R&D expenses rose 16% Y/Y to $2.2M as ALIM incurred $240K in contracting costs.
- General and administrative expenses rose 60% on "professional fees associated with the establishment of infrastructure and tax planning for expansion in Europe."
- Sales and marketing expenses jumped 345% Y/Y and will likely rise further as the European launch of Iluvien moves forward.
- Cash and equivalents stood at $31.9M as of June 30. (PR)
- Conference call transcript