real-time news and commentary for investors
Wednesday, Aug 14
Cooperman re-enters Apple, also a fan of Qualcomm and Sprint
- After liquidating his Apple (AAPL +2%) position in calendar Q4 (along with several other big hedge funds), Leon Cooperman's Omega Advisors initiated a position in Q2.
- Cooperman told CNBC's Scott Wapner he took a "modest" position in Apple in the "low 400s," and agrees with Carl Icahn's view of the company's valuation. Omega's 13F reveals a 31K-share position at the end of Q2.
- However, Cooperman still considers Qualcomm (QCOM -0.6%) the best play in the mobile space. Omega's Qualcomm position rose by 475K shares Q/Q to 3.75M.
- He's also big on Sprint (S +0.1%) in the post-SoftBank era: Omega's position in the #3 U.S. carrier rose by 30M Q/Q to 95M shares.
- Earlier: Tepper cuts Apple position