real-time news and commentary for investors
Thursday, Aug 15
Heard during Wal-Mart's earnings conference call
- Wal-Mart (WMT -1.9%) maintains it expects to see improvement in all of its segments in the back half of the year
- In the U.S., store traffic fell 0.5% during Q2, but the company offset that to a degree with a slight uptick in average ticket price.
- E-commerce sales were up 30% for H1, inclusive of a contribution from Yihadodian.
- The company notes inventory rose 6.9% during Q2, due in part to a calendar effect. Though not an alarming jump, inventory will be a focus in Q3, say execs.
- No Q&A with analysts per Wal-Mart tradition.
- Pre-recorded earnings call transcript (.pdf)