real-time news and commentary for investors
Friday, Aug 16
US Steel announces changes to senior management
- U.S. Steel (X) taps Mario Longhi to join the company's board of directors and will be promoted to succeed board chairman John Surma as CEO, effective September 1.
- Longhi is currently its president and chief operating officer.
- Surma will stay with the company through the end of the year, retaining the post of executive chairman board until his formal retirement December 31.
- Additionally, it names David Burritt as CFO effective September 1, and announces that its General Counsel and SVP of Corporate Affairs, James D. Garraux will be retiring at the end of the year.
- Burritt, who report to Longhi, served as chief financial officer and vice president of global finance and strategic services for Caterpillar from 2004 to 2010.
- Shares +0.4% AH.