real-time news and commentary for investors
Friday, Aug 16
Google tops list of Q2 hedge fund favorites, followed by AIG and Apple
- After poring through Q2 13Fs, Insider Monkey found more "elite hedge funds" held shares of Google (GOOG) than of any other firm. 157 funds owned Google at the end of Q2, up from 148 at the end of Q1.
- AIG is #2 on the list at 137. But that figure is down from 146 three months earlier.
- In spite of Leon Cooperman's re-entry, the number of top hedge funds owning Apple (AAPL) fell by 26 to 122. That's still good for the #3 slot. Carl Icahn bought in during Q3.
- David Einhorn favorite GM is #4 (121 funds vs. 110), and Citi (C - 119 vs. 118) is #5.
- Earlier this year, Google passed Apple as the biggest holding among the 50 largest actively-managed U.S. mutual funds.