real-time news and commentary for investors
Tuesday, Aug 27
Oil nears two and a half year high
- Moving along with the precious metals over Syrian tension is crude oil, with both WTI crude (USO) and Brent (BNO) up more than 1.6%. WTI at $107.50 per barrel is threatening to take out levels last seen in the Spring of 2011.
- The greenback is also catching a bid, moderately higher against the euro (FXE), cable (FXB), and the loonie (FXC), but sharply higher vs. the aussie (FXA). The dollar is losing a good bit of ground against the yen (FXY), and off just a bit vs. the Swiss franc (FXF).
- Dollar ETFs: UUP, UUPT, UDN, UDNT.
- Related currency ETFs: FXE, ERO, ULE, URR, EUO, DRR, EUFX, GBB, YCL, YCS, JYN.
- Oil ETFs: OIL, USO, DBO, OLO, USL, CRUD, UCO, DTO, SCO, SZO, DNO, UWTI, DWTI, BNO, UOIL, DOIL.