real-time news and commentary for investors
Friday, Aug 30
Tech ratings round-up
- Deutsche upgrades ARM Holdings (ARMH +0.7%) to Buy. Analyst Kai Korschelt thinks Intel fears are overblown and will have limited impact on ARM's EPS going forward.
- Bernstein upgrades Telecom Italia (TI +8.6%) to Outperform. TI is down 27.3% in the last year as the telco has been roiled by the spectre of credit downgrades and antitrust troubles.
- JPMorgan scythes a number of Chinese tech stocks: Dangdang (DANG -4.7%) to Underweight with a PT of $6.50, Youku Tudou (YOKU -1.3%) to Neutral with a PT of $23, and Sohu.com (SOHU -0.7%) to Neutral with a PT hike to $66 ($56 previous).
- JPMorgan also initiated a number of Chinese stocks: Soufun (SFUN +1.5%) with an Overweight rating and PT of $49 and YY (YY +1.1%) with an Overweight rating and PT of $47.
- Swedbank downgrades Nokia (NOK -2.4%) to Reduce.