real-time news and commentary for investors
Friday, Aug 30
Kerry makes the case against Syria
- "It matters if nothing is done," says John Kerry, making it pretty clear the U.S. is going to take action against Syria no matter the vote in the U.K. or the lack of movement from the UN.
- In the next breath, though, Kerry says any action will be limited.
- Stocks initially tumbled further as the Secretary of State spoke, but now have bounced nicely, perhaps encouraged by the word "limited."
- DJIA (DIA -0.2%), S&P 500 (SPY -0.2%), Nasdaq 100 (QQQ -0.5%).
- IVV, SPY, VOO, RWL, SFLA, SSO, UPRO, SDS, SPXU, SH, EPS, RSP, BXUB, BXUC, BXDB, DIA, DDM, UDOW, DXD, SDOW, DOG, QQQ, QQEW, TQQQ, QID, SQQQ, PSQ, QLD, QQQE.