real-time news and commentary for investors
Tuesday, Sep 3
Treasurys slide after fast ISM print
- The 10-year Treasury yield shoots up to 2.88% following the fast ISM print which will do little to slow momentum towards the QE taper. Expectations had been for a slowdown to 53.8, but instead the index sped up a hair to 55.7 - it's highest read of the year.
- Leading the way were New Orders, which jumped 4.9 points to 63.2. Prices gained 5 points to 54.0. Supplier Deliveries edged higher to 52.3. Backlogs gained 1.5 points to 46.5. Production fell 2.6 points to 62.4. Full report here.
- TLT extends losses, now off 1.7%.
- Treasury ETFs: TLH, TLT, IEF, DTYL, DLBL, ILTB, TENZ, ITE, TLO, EDV, VGIT, VGLT, TMF, TYD, LBND, UBT, UST, TMV, TYO, DSTJ, DSXJ, SBND, PST, TBT, DTYS, DLBS, TBF, TTT, TYNS, TYBS, TBX.
- Stocks back off just a touch from earlier gains, the S&P 500 (SPY +1.1%), DJIA (DIA +0.7%), Nasdaq 100 (QQQ +1.3%).
- Index ETFs: IVV, SPY, VOO, RWL, SFLA, SSO, UPRO, SDS, SPXU, SH, EPS, RSP, BXUB, BXUC, BXDB, DIA, DDM, UDOW, DXD, SDOW, DOG, QQQ, QQEW, TQQQ, QID, SQQQ, PSQ, QLD, QQQE.