real-time news and commentary for investors
Thursday, Sep 5
Bazaarvoice continues to plummet following FQ1 results
- Bazaarvoice (BV -16.5%) shares continue to plummet after the company released FQ1 results yesterday.
- On the conference call, the company issued FQ2 guidance for revenue of $44.75M-$45.25M (consensus of $45.25M) and EPS of -$0.06 to -$0.08 (-0.07).
- Full year guidance is for revenue of $184M-$187M (consensus of $186.01M) and EPS of -$0.23 to -$0.27 (-$0.26).
- CEO Stephen Collins: "Nothing has changed in our disposition" regarding the DoJ's litigation of Bazaarvoice's PowerReviews acquisition. But "[l]itigation is unpredictable." The trial is scheduled to begin Sept. 23 and will take approximately 3 weeks.
- BV had run up 42.7% through yesterday since plummeting on news that the DoJ wanted to undo the company's acquisition of PowerReviews back in Jan.