real-time news and commentary for investors
Thursday, Sep 5
More on Cooper Cos earnings
- Cooper Cos. (COO) FQ3 easily beats estimates as total sales rose by 9% Y/Y.
- Net earnings rose 33% as revenue continued to grow in its vision segment, which represents the vast majority of its top line.
- Vision segment revenue grew 5% to $330.5M, and was up 9% excluding currency impacts.
- Gross margin rose to 65.1% from 63.5%.
- Looking forward, the company raises its FY per-share earnings estimate to between $6.23 and $6.28 on revenue of $1.59B to $1.6B, from its previous estimate for $6.15 to $6.25 and $1.58B to $1.61B, respectively.
- For the current quarter, the company sees an EPS of around $1.76 to $1.81 and revenue of $410M to $425M. Street estimates are for $1.78 on revenue of $421M.