real-time news and commentary for investors
Friday, Sep 6
Yields tumble followng NFP miss
- Treasury prices pop following the slight miss in the Nonfarm payroll print. TLT +1.25% and the 10-year Treasury yield falls to 2.87% (was 2.96% ahead of report).
- Stock index futures move to session highs, the S&P 500 (SPY) +0.55%.
- The headline miss was just 11K jobs, but July's 162K print was revised down to 104K, and June's 188K gain was cut to 172K.
- S&P ETFs: IVV, SPY, VOO, RWL, SFLA, SSO, UPRO, SDS, SPXU, SH, EPS, RSP, BXUB, BXUC, BXDB.
- Treasury ETFs: TLH, TLT, IEF, DTYL, DLBL, ILTB, TENZ, ITE, TLO, EDV, VGIT, VGLT, TMF, TYD, LBND, UBT, UST, TMV, TYO, DSTJ, DSXJ, SBND, PST, TBT, DTYS, DLBS, TBF, TTT, TYNS, TYBS, TBX.