real-time news and commentary for investors
Tuesday, Sep 10
Futures higher after big global rally: S&P 500 +0.5%
- S&P 500 (SPY) and DJIA (DIA) futures +0.5% and Nasdaq 100 (QQQ) +0.6% as yesterday's big rally in the states continues across the globe.
- Europe's up more than 1% and Asia closed sharply higher with better-than-expected Chinese economic data offering a good excuse to buy.
- Also helping is a quieting of the war drums in D.C. as the Obama administration looks for a way to move the red line it previously said Syria crossed when it unleashed a chemical weapons attack.
- U.S. Treasury yields march higher, the 10-year up 3 basis points to 2.95%.
- Index ETFs: IVV, SPY, VOO, RWL, SFLA, SSO, UPRO, SDS, SPXU, SH, EPS, RSP, BXUB, BXUC, BXDB, DIA, DDM, UDOW, DXD, SDOW, DOG, QQQ, QQEW, TQQQ, QID, SQQQ, PSQ, QLD, QQQE.