real-time news and commentary for investors
Thursday, Sep 12
Eurozone industrial production unexpectedly falls
- Eurozone industrial production returned to contraction in July, tumbling to -1.5% on month from +0.6% in June and missing consensus of +0.1%.
- On year, output -2.1% vs -0.4% and -0.1%.
- The worse-than-expected figures bring into doubt the sustainability of the eurozone's nascent recovery from recession and are somewhat in contrast to more upbeat PMI data.
- The euro takes a tumble and is now -0.2% at $1.3287. (PR)
- ETFs - Stocks: EZU, VGK, FEZ, EPV, IEV, ADRU, FEP, FDD, UPV, EPV, DFE, FEU, FEEU. Bonds: EU. Euro: FXE, ERO, ULE, URR, EUO, DRR, EUFX