real-time news and commentary for investors
Thursday, Sep 12
Priceline launches hotel ad product, Cantor says checks solid
- Priceline (PCLN) has launched Sponsored Listings, an ad product that gives hotels the ability to show targeted ads to consumers when they search for travel deals on Priceline's sites. (PR)
- In addition to location, hotels can target users based on demographics, length of stay, and other pieces of data.
- The product acts as another source of competition for TripAdvisor (TRIP) and other sites dependent on travel ads.
- Separately, Cantor says its analysis of search trends indicates Priceline's European Booking.com unit continues to perform well, and that its pricing trends generally match expectations.
- Priceline's international bookings rose 44% Y/Y in Q2, and made up 85% of total bookings.