real-time news and commentary for investors
Friday, Sep 13
Stock picks among fast-rising U.S. oil producers
- With the U.S. poised to become a major oil exporter in the not too distant future, it makes sense that U.S. companies raising their oil production may have a bright future; these companies increased their oil production the most YTD:
- Continental Resources (CLR) will raise its production 38% this year, continuing a string of double-digit increases over the past four years; consensus stock target price is $110.
- Noble Energy (NBL) is expected to raise its production in 2013 by 15%; consensus stock price target is $70.50.
- Permian Basin pure play Concho Resources (CXO) is expecting a 14% rise in its production; consensus target is $110.
- Also: BP, SWN, MRO, RDS.A, RDS.B.