real-time news and commentary for investors
Monday, Sep 23
French PMI data comes in mixed
- French flash manufacturing PMI has slipped to 49.5 in September from 49.7 in August and missed consensus for a rise to 50.1.
- Services increased to a 20-month high of 50.7 from 48.9 and topped forecasts of 49.3.
- Manufacturing output dropped to 47.8 from 48.5 in August.
- Composite output climbed to a 19-month high of 50.2 from 48.8.
- The "data point to stabilizing business conditions in France during September," says Markit. New business trends were broadly flat, while employment also moved closer to stabilization, "which should help the economy remain on a firmer footing."
- CAC 40 (EWQ) +0.1%. (PR)