real-time news and commentary for investors
Monday, Sep 23
German manufacturing PMI slips, services climbs
- German flash manufacturing PMI has slipped to 51.3 in September from 51.8 in August and missed consensus for a rise to 52.2.
- Services PMI climbed to 54.4 from 52.8 and topped expectations of 53.1.
- Manufacturing output dropped to 52.7 from 54.8 in August.
- Composite Output edged up to 53.8 from 53.5.
- Underlying business conditions are...improving at a solid clip, while the rebound in staff recruitment highlights greater confidence about upcoming workloads," Markit writes. "Expectations are particularly buoyant for demand within the domestic-focused service sector over the months ahead.
- Dax -0.3%. (PR)
- ETFs - Stocks: FGM, EWG, GERJ, EWGS, DBGR. Bonds: BUNL, BUNT, BUND, GGOV