real-time news and commentary for investors
Monday, Sep 23
Lockhart expresses concern about jobs, Fisher says Fed's credibility damaged
- Atlanta Fed chief Dennis Lockhart reiterates Bill Dudley's cautious comments on the pace of the nascent U.S. economic recovery.
- Speaking in New York, Lockhart highlighted recent "slowing" in job creation and expressed concern about the falling labor force participation rate. "Lower participation may mean somewhat lower potential for the economy," he observed. "You don't say," Zero Hedge quips.
- Meanwhile, on the hawkish side, Dallas Fed President Richard Fisher says the Fed's decision to maintain the pace of its asset purchase program "undermined [the central bank's] credibility" and created more uncertainty.
- 10-year yield -2 bps, TLT +0.4%
- ETFs - Treasury ETFs - TLH, IEF, DTYL, DLBL, ILTB, TENZ, ITE, TLO, EDV, VGIT, VGLT, TMF, TYD, LBND, UBT, UST, TMV, TYO, DSTJ, DSXJ, SBND, PST, TBT, DTYS, DLBS, TBF, TTT, TYNS, TYBS, TBX